some weird noise from MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by littlekenneth, May 24, 2006.

1. littlekenneth macrumors member

Hi,

I recently noticed that the mbp sometimes would have a beeping noise. I don't know where it is from, but it's really annoying when the surrounding is all silent. Is there anything wrong with the new MBP or are there anyway i can get rid of this problem?

Another thing is, i noticed the MBP gets very hot compare to my old Powerbook. Is there anything wrong with my MBP? Thanks

2. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

What week build is your MBP (the first 5 digits of your serial number). Can you explain some more about the noise your experiencing. Exccessive heat is not normal, you should be able to hold it in your hands without it feeling uncomfortable.

3. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

The first five digits are W8610. For some reason, the noise is gone. But the heating problem still exist. It is really hot when i touch the bottom of the computer. I don't even think i can hold the computer with one hand. So anyone know why? Thanks

4. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

i don't know if the 1 gig memory make the machine hot. I bought a 1 gig ram from MCE.

5. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

It's the CPU and graphics card that make it hot and the noise is unfortunately normal but i returned mine because of it.

6. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

Turn Bluetooth on and see if it still makes the noise...

7. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

Personally i prefered to have 2 and half grand back in my bank account and no whine rather than trying to get rid of it by lowering my battery life.

You could try the speedit programs.

8. bbrosemer macrumors 6502a

bbrosemer

I cant say I mind the noise but there is no reason for me to turn off bluetooth when I am plugged in.

9. littlekenneth thread starter macrumors member

I can bear with the whinning noise now, cuz the heating problem is an issue i can't stand. I wondered if anyone have this problem or this is something abnormal. it is really hot after i use the computer for more than an hour. my old power book is fine, but i don't know if it's because they use different CPU or the macbook pro is a lot faster. Thanks all for your help....