Some1 PLEASE go to xbox.com...

Discussion in 'Games' started by AJ Muni, Jan 30, 2006.

1. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

can someone please go to xbox.com, and copy and paste the new UPDATE FOR THE XBOX 360 DASHBOARD, with the details because i'm at work and i can't access any gaming sites....THANX!!!!

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

but you can go on macrumors?

lol

anyways there isn nothing on Xbox's site

in fact its still a rumor

heres an atrical

Xbox 360 dashboard may get update tomorrow

A few days ago we reported that an “inside” source told Xboxic, that Microsoft will be performing a major update on the Xbox 360 Dashboard in the very near future.
    Well various websites are now reporting that the update will in fact be tomorrow, January 30th.
    The expected update will attempt to fix major issues with both games and the system itself. Some of the issues the update will address are freeze up in games, achievement issues, and general funchtionality in the Dashboard.
    This update has not been confirmed by Microsoft. However, I guess we will all find out tomorrow.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I just turned on my 360 and there was an "update for your system" available. Downloaded it, haven't seen any major differences. Was this the update they were talking about?

4. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

I downloaded the update, didint notice any differences either. Except that when you open the mini dashboard menu during a game its smooth instead of before the update when it would slide out jaggedly.

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Ripped Directly From here

January 2006 System Update for Xbox 360

This free Xbox 360™ update is great news! We've been listening to what the community has been telling us, so we're happy to announce that this update will improve your gaming experience.

Here are some of the changes in this update:

Improvements to the Xbox Guide.
    Option to retain your saved games when you delete a profile.
    Increased accuracy of "last time played."
    Network configuration improvements for Xbox Live® members in the Netherlands.
    More detailed messaging for unreadable disk or region errors.
    This free* update is available to all Xbox Live members. Your console will be updated the next time you sign in to Xbox Live.

*Internet connection fees may apply.

Shadow

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

It's just some bug fixes, people... nothing to get in a lather about, but they are good bug fixes.

There is ONE functionality change worth mentioning: Once you apply the update, if you delete an Xbox 360 profile, you are now given the option to retain your saved game files (previously, deleting a profile meant automatic deletion of saved game files).

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yep downloaded and the menu seems less jaggery/jiggery

I thought the call of duty 2 patch was meant to be out today???