Somebody HELP Please!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Suez, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Suez macrumors newbie

Jul 14, 2006
    I've been using MPEG Streamclip on my PB sucessfully for years ... LOVE IT!!! I just got my MacBook Pro and installed MPEG Streamclip - and everything else I need (Apple mpeg2 component, etc.), I've been installing/uninstalling Streamclip/QuickTime Pro/mpeg2 component for 2 days now but I can't get the damn thing to work!!!

When I drag the .vob into the mpeg Streamclip window it gives me an option to:

- Open 1 File
    - Open All Files

Here's what happens with each choice I make:

1. When I choose 'Open 1 File' it says ', it says:

Warning: the stream may have timecode breaks. Please use Fix Timecode Breaks to fix this stream.

After clicking OK, it 'acts' like it's loading, but then just the scrubber comes up - no video, no audio.

2. When I choose 'Open All Files' it says:
    File open error: unrecognized file type.​

What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? I'm frustrated out of my mind :eek:

Works like a charm on my PB but why won't it work on my MBP? I realize that it's an intel, but the website says that MPEG Streamclip is Universal so I'm clueless. Here's what I have on my MBP:

MPEG Streamclip 1.7
    QT Pro 7
    Apple mpeg2 playback component

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
  2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

Apr 29, 2005
    San Francisco
    You realize that some programs just do not work yet with Intel Macs (not Universal, or other reasons). I would imagine this is the problem. Have you found anyone that has gotten this program to work on their Intel Mac?

It will be tough to do since your thread topic is kinda useless "Someone Please Help!"
  3. theBB macrumors 68020

Jan 3, 2006
    Is QT Pro and mpeg2 component universal? They could have been PPC only if you bought them before January. How about MPEG Streamclip? If some of these are universal and some of them are PPC, then this could easily cause problems. A PPC app or processs running under Rosetta cannot call or interact with x86/universal apps unless you force them to work under Rosetta as well. (If you click on each program and select "Get Info" you'll be able to see which kind they are. Most universal programs have a checkbox that will enable you to force it to run under Rosetta.)

Of course, your problem might be completely unrelated to Rosetta issues. :)