"SomeMacGuy"

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by Limbo, Jan 7, 2002.

1. Limbo macrumors newbie

What kind of Mac user are you. With people like you on our side, Apple wouldn't need cynics. Get some ****ing faith in Jobs, you overly obnoxious dickhead!!! I didnt read all of you're postsbecause I couldn't believe someone who claims the name with "...MacGuy" in it would say anything like what you say. You sound like a PeeCee fag that runs in and out of chat chans and post on boards saying "Macs SUCK!!!!! PC ROXXORZ!"

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah

I think MacRumors welcomes all sorts of users and personalities...but I think your type of pessimism & cynicism is the type that can ruin a good time for all...

I think this is the type of place where we all should be free to speak our minds, but with some tact.

3. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Well well.

A straight-up post about bashing a fellow MacRumors member, and without even giving him the oppurtunity to defend himself. Now who's the "overly obnoxious dickhead?" I find your shameless approach to making people view "SomeMacGuy" as a poor poster just as bad, if not worse than what SomeMacGuy has posted. In the legal sense, thats called Libel.

I already mentioned to him that his manner of speaking could be a bit more tactful, but the points he is making are truthful, and valid. Everyone has the right to express their opinion here(like eyelikeart mentioned), just like you do when you bash SomeMacGuy. At least he had something to say about Apple computer in his posts.

Stick around Limbo, and watch your tongue. There may come a day when you find that you actually LIKE SomeMacGuy, but you have burnt the bridge to be able to talk civily with him. There were people I disliked when I first came here, but found that most of them, over time, had the most interesting and valid points. Donlt let yourself be fooled by first impressions.

And, after all, what kind of company would Apple be if they couldnt take some criticism? Companies need that to grow.

Damn. I think I have become Jefhatfield

4. ThlayliTheFierce macrumors regular

Speaking of the Hat man, where is he in all this? I haven't seen him post in a while.

5. ThlayliTheFierce macrumors regular

I'm not for kicking anyone out based on his/her opinions. But I still have a problem with SomeAppleGuy in that all his posts seem to be composed of rants about how much he hates the new iMac, how it looks like a lamp, R2D2, etc. What I would like is an actual argument as to why it sucks so much, and not just "because it's ugly". That just doesn't cut it. Then maybe we can actually debate like adults.

6. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

True

I think his rage is all bound up with the imac. As soon as he is tired of that, I feel he will run out of things to say. maybe he will straighten out his tone a bit after reading these posts. I think he has some good points, but i really think he would influence people more by saying it politely.

hat is now networkman, and has successfully disappeared. I predict his return mid-march.

7. networkman macrumors regular

re: hatman

i am here, but just with a new handle and a much smaller number of posts next to my new name

8. Limbo thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry for creating a flame so quikley after registering, but even though I only read a few of his posts ("SomeMacGuy") I was appauled at his hate towards such a wonderful invention of Apple. I suppose people are entitled to their opinion, but if he has such beligerant hate for Macs. Why does he post on a Mac forum? And why is he called "SomeMacGuy"? Alot of people believe being a Mac user to be a religeon. Although I wont get freaky on you with stuff like that, he sounds like a PeeCee user who will openly bash a PC company for poor quality, and spring back at any Mac user for bashing the same people, and thrash the mac, just because, "It's a mac man! Only Fags use Macs!" Like what the hell does that mean?!

9. F/reW/re macrumors 6502

F/reW/re

Perhaps he was just very dissapointed just like me? (haven`t seen anything he wrote)

This MWSF was WAY behind all rumors so why do apple make us think it`s gonna be way beyond?

10. -=AsukA=- macrumors member

R2D2??

the new iMac looks nothing like R2D2.... i dont get it, there as closely related as the KKK and Black panthers!

so please tell me when R2D2 got a LCD poping out of its head?

11. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

Nice to see you Networkman--I still suspect you arent the orignial a little, because the true Jef couldnt resist jumping into the forums--but anyway....

SomeMacGuy is an Apple techie, hence his name. And yes, he was dissapointed about MWSF. However, Im starting to think that if Apple REALLY wants to blow our socks off, announcing new hardware today or the days left at MWSF would probably do it.

12. dizastor macrumors 6502a

dizastor

get a little blue paint on that base and make it whistle, you've got R2 with an LCD hat.

13. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

WOW

Can I just say I feel honored that you all would devot an entire subject to me! I truely feel my work is done now. But I'm sure I will think of more things to say. I agree with greenster, hes probably the only intellegence on this forum. (I say that cause he likes me).

Ok to the point. So you bash me because I hate the design and look of the new iMac. Unless deep down inside you hated it too you wouldn't care about what I say. Remember back in school when someone made fun of you because you had zits, or red hair, or maybe you were over weight. It would never have bothered you if you were skinny, blonde, and had a clear face. So instead of telling me how "stupid" I am and that I have not valid argument try to convince me I'm wrong. The design is not natural, its top heavy and looks funky (funky in a bad way). I have never once in my posts said it did not come with alot of features. The iMac comes with alot for the money, I think its a great deal, but I cant stand the way it looks and would never buy one, not even with my Apple Discount. AND IT DOES LOOK LIKE R2D2, they even pointed that out on my local news last night.

Yup, I have a PC, its very old and very slow but I still use it. I also have a PB G4. In the past I have had an iMacSE and the original iBook so dont be telling me I don;t know anything about the product I am bashing.

There, I stayed calm, I made my point.... and I think i accomplished this with no rampage.

But I do want to point out...

THE NEW IMAC IS PHREAKIN UGLY!!!

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he's ok

that was a beautiful response...

my apologies for possibly offending u...

I think we're gonna see a lot from this guy...

15. trinitishwar macrumors member

<<Nice to see you Networkman--I still suspect you arent the orignial a little, because the true Jef couldnt resist jumping into the forums--but anyway....>>

I'll vouch for networkman, he is jeff. I saw a thread where he switched back and forth between names to write a sentence. As for somemacguy, I too am becoming tired of the complaining. It seems that most of your complaints are concerned with the aesthetics of the new iMac, and as it is written "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I for one, was a little put off by the design of the machine when I first saw it at 4am, but have now grown to like it. And after having a day to muse over the design cues I now find it quite striking and attractive. So, rather than rant on about how it looks like R2D2 (I can't see the comparison myself) please just accept that other people may like it and get over yourself. And as for your local news I'm not even going to say what I think of people who get their ideas and criticisms for the talking heads on the local news.

16. networkman macrumors regular

re: somemacguy

i can't wait to see the new imac even though i don't like the design too much but i hope the unit is not top heavy

if the base is heavy enough, then we are ok and since there is so much packed in there, there should be enough weight to hold the computer steady

the stats are very good and just 200 mhz short of amazing but the speed bump to 1 ghz will happen most likely when the tower's top of the line model reaches 1 ghz first which may be in macworld tokyo...one could only hope

there have been some instances where the consumer level mac has surpassed the pro level mac in speed but not features and the 800 mhz g4 in the imac does surpass the 733 mhz g4 in the pro line

the small footprint must have been one of the key design points for the new imac...a much larger base would have been more stable but would have had a large footprint which would not justify getting rid of the old imac except for the new lcd which is better on the eyes

i can't really judge the imac until i see it and try it out

17. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

isnt it...

beuty is in the eye of the beer holder?

18. trinitishwar macrumors member

When I'm holding a beer it's certainly beautiful TO my eye. I don't know about IN my eye.

19. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

Hes not such a bad guy.

SomeAppleGuy is just ranting... there is plenty of that, that gos on hear. I have posted here for a While... SomeAppleGuy is tame by some standards. He just doesnt like the new iMac. Hes alowed to hate it all day if he wants. He is new to macrumors and has allready posted like 80 messages in the last few days. Hes a MacHead... just a little bitter at Apple thats all. How many of us hate our parents? And how many of us go home of X-mass anyway. We hate them... but we will allways love them.... in an I hate you kind of a way.

Hey, I know I had fun fighting with him yesterday. I was waiting for some proceses at work to finnish, I had to do something with the time. :)

20. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

21. iloveMac macrumors newbie

SomeWhatGuy

Which name does he go by SomeMacGuy or SomeAppleGuy? Anyway, I have to agree with him in regard to the new imac looks. It's not what I expected in terms of performance to looks ratio (they could have at least put the 867mhz inside). I suspect Steve Job had alot to do with this cooked up design due to his failure of the G4 Cube debut a year ago.

He seem to have a hard on when it come to rolling out new computers and design them in such a way we consumers will slobber over them for the looks.

Well, he should have learned his lesson the last time. And frankly, I'm quite sure its going to happen again. I have read numorous of response in these forums in regard to the release of the new imac and have compiled a list of cons and pros. Guess what?

Hard core Mac users are Pissed. They wanted something more powerful than the current G4 800. They are tired of waiting and so am I. I have been saving during the past 3 months for the so called ( No PC has gone Before ).

In conclusion, I can see why SomeMacGuy or SomeAppleguy became pissed off when he heard and saw the new imac. I don't think its what he expected or I or anyone else. I stayed up night after night and logged on early every morning following apples words to this new imac.

To tell you the truth, I'm very dissapointed, and hope they won't spoil us again with there slogans leading up to future MacWorld conferences. Apple, I wish your marketing folks or you Steve, read each and every comments on these forums to formulate better future release of new products.

22. SomeAppleGuy macrumors member

THANK YOU ILOVEMAC!!!

You may be the first to to understand my comments fully. Obviously I still like Apple or I would not be complaining. My point here is the off chance that Apple reads this **** and thinks to themselves... hmm.. maybe next time we really should blow them away. How many people out there would pay big money to have the ULTIMATE COMPUTER?? I would. Forget G5, skip to G6! Give us an ungodly amount of ram to play with. Give us a kick ass video card with 2 (yes 2) ADC ports. Give us 300mhz BUSS speeds!! Give me a new imac with the cube underneath instead of half dome. bring back colors and options. give me airport range of 2 miles (its been done with a hack). Give me SUROUND SOUND. A built in Camera for conferencing!! Mac OS X.Z. WIRELESS MICE AND KEYBOARDS. hell, wireless USB! Give me an iPod that mounts onto a side bay and can be used as my boot drive. put a 40 gb drive in iPod. GIVE ME A MAC THAT LOOKS LIKE ANY OF THE MOCK-UPS IVE EVER SEEN!!! MOST OF ALL...

GIVE ME SOME ADVERTISING!!!

I wanna see some gateway bashing... down with DELL!!!!!

nobody knows apple is better.. why??? CAUES THAT IS THE 1 SECRET APPLE IS ABLE TO KEEP!!!

ok im done... tear it up!

23. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I guess SomeAppleGuy isn't all that bad. He's convinced me. The only problem that I really ever had with him was that he made 6 threads about the iMac instead of sticking to the 1. His response has redeemd him in my eyes.

24. xelterran macrumors 6502

i understand that people have the right to their own opinions, but i would like to point out that the responses from other non-rumor sites have been more positive about the new imac. Im not criticising this site, because i think you do a great job! but maby people were just expecting too much because of all the rumors floating around.
    I have to admit when i first saw the imac i was not really sure about it, but after just a few days im beginning to like it more and more, its one of thoes things that grows on you. Im sure the origonal imac received the same criticism when it was first launched because of its uniquness, but today the imac is concidered one of if not the best looking computer!
    I would certainly concider trading in my old 400mhz imac for one of the new flat panel ones, and when the time comes i will also trade in my g4 for a g5...