Someone above theclouds doesn't want me to have vista!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tominated, Nov 12, 2006.

1. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

I am sooo freaking unlucky. I have downloaded vista rc1 3 times now. the first one disk utility thinks is a dud, but burned on my winblows machine (mind you it failed half way through the installation) the second one i downloaded on my winblows computer, failed halfway through the download and the third one is having the same problem as the first (i haven't tried to install anything.... yet). I tried burning the last one with the disco beta (i am a cheapskate, i can't afford toast) and disco froze (i have tested disco, it works normally) and i am having the same problem. any ideas?
    thanks in advance

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Why RC1 and not RC2? Are you not getting it from the official download site?

If you're not getting it from MS that might have something to do with why it isn't working.

(FWIW, you could try and install from the ISO itself into Parallels, that's how I'm trying it out on my iMac.)

B

3. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I recommend verifying the image against its MD5 sum. DropHash can help with this if you don't know how to check it yourself.

4. tominated thread starter macrumors 68000

tominated

1, rc2 was only availible for a small amount of time
    2, it was the real microsoft site
    3, i don't have parallels
    BTW: what on earth is an md5 sum?

5. tominated thread starter macrumors 68000

tominated

i tried the drop hash thing and the sum is completely different to what it says on the site. what do i do now?