Someone ever had problems with tuxera NTFS for Mac or MacFuse?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by Cox Orange, Feb 1, 2013.

1. macrumors 68000

Jan 1, 2010

since I am experiencing problems with tuxera and was laughed at in another forum for being suspicious and had a bad feeling installing it anyway, I wanted to ask, if some of you had any problems with it.

I am using it on a PowerPC-Mac with 10.5, only 10.5 install, plus Apple Software Updates, nothing else/third party, that could interfere.

PS: the problems are, data can't be written after some time, data on NTFS is only half copied or 0kb and can't be deleted, though first it work for about 800GB on a 1TB HDD. Soon the problem apperas it is not possible to write a even a small file to the remaining 200GB. It says no space left.
  2. thread starter macrumors 68000

Jan 1, 2010
    I got an answer in another Forum from developers.

The tuxera NTFS driver (or MacFuse) can harm your system and some people did loose all their data! Fine...
  3. macrumors 6502a

Sep 13, 2009
    NTFS is a closed source and Microsoft has never licensed it to anyone. Any NTFS driver that's out there today is a result of reverse engineering.

Now that doesn't mean Tuxera NTFS/MacFuse is bad, just that there is no certification from Microsoft for them.

I can't offer you any help besides telling you I wouldn't use anything that writes to a NTFS Volume on anything other than Windows.