Someone needs to apologize!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Mr. Anderson, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So it looks like APPLEP58 was right, he did have the goods, yet there were a lot of people giving him all sorts of crap. It wasn't a good showing for the members of MacRumors.....:(

here's the original thread

2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

we gave him crap because it was and still IS so damn ugly....i just want to puke....or else buy one and put a bag over it to hide it's shame

3. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Lucky me, I didn't get involved :)

I wish we could get some more leakers like that, although I bet Apple Don't :)

Ensign

4. bobindashadows macrumors 6502

*coughcoughcoughgroovecoughcoughbustercoughcough*
    hehe jp man

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

how we were surprised

ddr, faster bus, all dual

...and in that silly looking case ;)

oh well, it's what's under the hood that counts

but good call apple58, you got the rumor out first!

6. job macrumors 68040

job

as mentioned before **coughcoughgroovebustercoughcough**

;) :D

7. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

It was an overall attitude thing.

I think there was an influx of newbies around MWNY and several stayed... im all about having a larger community.. the more the merrier, but I don't want to degenerate down to the quality of some other mac communities. ahem.

over the past few months the site has become much more childish and rude. It used to be very helpful and flamewars were very rare (post spikey) :). You can tell who the classic posters are and you can see how they conduct themselves. Members such as Jef, Dukestreet, Blakespot, Mischief, Eye, BTTM.. they make the community great

I use and recommend this site for advice and for conversation about mac topics. The community we have here is a benefit for people who have chosen the Macintosh platform. I hope that the people can act mature and conduct themselves in a manner that will not convey an over elitist attitude and deter people from switching to a mac.

Maybe the tone of the boards will change. and mature like a fine wine. At least I hope they will. But anyway it is still the best damn site on the net.

Cheers'

8. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Shut up, dude, you didn't even post to that thread.

It's not about the looks of the case, it's about information from a good source.:rolleyes:

9. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

Right on Rower. My point exactly.

10. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

do you think apple58 works for apple?

my client, a hardcore 14 year apple fanatic, who is hardcore....did i say hardcore...well, his theory is that stevie boy himself leaks the rumors to create buzz and interest far before a product release

in the old testament, they talked about messiah is coming, messiah is coming

i think steve jobs uses the conventions of theology and religion and uses it to build a loyal following, or a cult brand as fortune magazine puts it

the mazda miata and krispy kreme donuts are also in that cult brand category...as is amway...and alphatech, HD is on its way there (they just need to convice the under 30 crowd)

one may not like the fervor over a product, but no one can deny the intense interest

thus we don't see dell rumor sites which make the news like appleinsider and that other rumor site that was sued big time

personally, i don't think steve jobs leaks all the rumors, but only ones which he thinks will help the company...it was the most well played out tactic we studied in mba school...create a buzz...as long as it does not reveal TOO much about one's long term strategy...fight the tactical war up front and leave the stategic stuff in the vault for very few to see except for the top people

today's release was tactical...the g5 is strategic and best kept under wraps...i think, but that's my 2 cents:p

11. sneed macrumors regular

More like groovebluster.

The cool part of the APPLE58 being right is that the specs hinted that the G5 was coming fairly soon. Perhaps I am just reading too much into it, but wasn't this supposed to the case for the G5?

12. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Waddaya know? I'm a "Classic" at 25!

****! I must be a sportscar!

The G5 will be out in time for MWSF so we'll see it in this case, just not yet. It's like the B&W G3's... a test of the case by way of getting it out there. Hopefully any evil little quirks will be apparent come January.;)

13. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

thank you Rower! My point exactly. Its why I started the thread in the first place, to hopefully prevent this sort of thing from happening again.

As for who APPLEP58 is, who knows. We probably won't ever know and we might not hear from him again - which is a shame.

D

14. ponyboy macrumors regular

Am I wrong or did apple 58 mention that these new machines were G5 ready? What does that mean and is there any evidence of this?

15. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I hope that *coughcoughcoughgroovebustercoughcough* shows up soon.
    I gave him the benefit of the dobut when he showed up so I feel I did the right thing.

16. job macrumors 68040

job

Remember, groovebuster was so sure that the new case would be white.

Anyone remember how sure he was of that? :rolleyes:

Oh well. Maybe AppleP58 will be back; who can tell.

17. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, it is pretty sad to have someone run off because of childish actions. Maybe we need a Macrumors police. Yea, lets arm Arn, Duke, Blakespot, Eye, and Ambitious Lemon with MP5 assault rifles to put an end to future problems like this.

All kidding aside. It really pisses me off that someone comes forward with legit info and get run off because of crap. Sad really, sad.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

18. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    more like....

threadbuster

sourcebuster

whatever...

there just isn't any reason to use "****" regardless of what you think. thats just going WAY over the line.

and putting a happy face after a rude comment doesn't make it ok... nor does it make it funny...

19. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

Jethatfield tha man!
    I couldn't have said it better myself.
    Nice!!
    [Honest confession]
    I apologize for all I ever done wrong here.
    Too Hasty I am, sometimes jump to conclusion far too easy, but always have a nose for what's nice and good héhéhé :D.
    [/ honest confession]

I too cannot see Apple as being 'not delivering in time', 'where the frinkin G5'
    I like what I see, and say it's good. (Sorry no argue-ing here)
    What a niece piece of equipement again. Nice Pro-tool (btw have you guys seen the nice apps that come with the machine. (Apple's doing a great thing, buying these smaller businesses, which can add more flavor to their product. And so far for the investments in more expensive for converting and capturing (just checked and got the impression that there is a slicht color difference, as though they want you to see the check out set of software that comes bundled)

:D Looks like my X.1.5 is already feel the 'Jag' coming :D

Gotta thank appleP58 for the nice peek under the skirt :D. :p :D ;)
    (Looking for always updated source, on the spot news, can I add you to my source in times that releases are nearby? heheh sorry, just kiddin', but keep 'em comin')

;)

oeps forgot picture
    darn, where is the freaking ...

20. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

here it is, wanted to add the pict, but seems that editing mode does not let you add a picture.

Attached Files: