Someone, please put me in a straitjacket!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ravenvii, Apr 29, 2005.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Arggghhhh! I just got the Mac mini two months ago.

And now I suddenly come upon a good amount of money, and if I sell the Mac mini, I will have enough for a well-equipped PowerMac G5 2.0...

But on the other hand, I really SHOULD be putting that money away along with the rest of my savings for law school... and I don't really NEED the power of the PowerMac, I just am envious of the video card (actually good video card) and the G5 goodness... Tiger isn't making it any easier...

And the Mac mini is nice on transportability...

All logic tells me to keep the Mac mini. But there's the money...

Someone put me in a straitjacket, please. For my own good.

2. mac-er macrumors 65816

I hate when I get the fever for a new computer...

If you will gladly forward the extra money to me, I will hold on to you for you
    ;)

3. Nomad macrumors newbie

i was in the same position you were. i bought the mini, got more money, and then CAVED to the pressure.

i love my powermac :D

serios, it really is a good move.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Raven VII --> [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Go to law school Raven. :) By then you can get a G6.

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Okay:

[​IMG]

:D

7. RJP31484 macrumors regular

Just buy yourself one of those newly cheapened cinema displays for your mini. It will be cheaper than upgrading, and you will trick yourself into feeling like you upgraded your system! ;)

8. ravenvii thread starter macrumors 604

ravenvii

I think I'm going to use that as my avatar for a time, to show my sacrifice for the greater good... *struggles in straitjacket* *weeps with anguish*

And nah, I'm not interested in new displays - got a nice Dell one :)

9. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Didja like the filename? :D

Edit:

There's a new version on my server...

10. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

If you need to sell the mini to get the PM, then you really didn't fall into that much money. Buy Tiger and put the rest away.

Attached Files:

11. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Ha ha ha! I feel your pain mate! I'm in a similar quandary - lusting after a PM G5, have the cash but feel so guilty spending any of it. Any excuse not to buy puts me off - disappointing new specs, Tiger launch not giving a discount off all purchases, can't double up edu and other discounts etc. etc!

I'd like to buy a second hand Dual 2.0, but they're like hen's teeth here in the UK and sell for premium prices.

12. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

Once i get an Idea in my head like this, i can't think clearly about anything else until the "problem" is "solved" which usually means i have no money for a while. HA!

BUT ... You DO already have a Mac. A lovely one at that. Why do you need the better graphics card and G5 processor? If you really need it and you can justify getting it ... then get it!

I'd save your money for Law School. Then when you're a successful lawyer you can buy 10 Powermacs :p