Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marq

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
Saw one this morning

A guy was checking his email ... Mountain View, Mercedes. He headed toward Google (El Camino to Shoreline)

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
I believe this.

Lying about this so close to launch would be pointless, as everyone will know one way or another soon.

toneloco2881

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2005
Lets hope this IS the real guy, otherwise he's screwed! The write-up seems plausible. I recall reading the leak of the safari capabilities on iPhone, and a mention of holding down your finger for a information bubble was part of the report.

How did typing seem on the phone? I see you said you made two typos. Did you gain any feeling one way or another as to how it worked?

marq

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
California License plate: IT--

Mercedes e500, dark green. Driver using iPhone. California License plate reads IT--

Anybody know him ?

FoxyKaye

macrumors 68000
Of all the pics, you had to choose that one.
Oh, I don't know, you look like you're having fun... Though, what are you doing?

Sometime in the distant future, I *might* consider buying whatever generation of iPhone they happen to have released. But in the meantime, you'll be able to link this entire thread to Wikipedia's iPhone entry and brag that you got to hold one of the very first.

rumorskill

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2007
I do not in any way work for Apple, however in my line of work I learned to be very accurate in wine descriptions. I just used my same level of detail in describing my experience using the iPhone.

So you lied to Pat about not being a blogger. How can you be trusted with anything you post?

strangelogic

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2003
CA
Fake

There are a few unusual details that seem like it would be strange to make up. So I guess I would believe it's real.

arn

Well - except it sounds just like another post at another site (and no I can't remember the link, but it was last week) and that iteration had no name, and no youtube information, and it did name the 'swanky' restaurant in nyc where this supposedly happened.

The problem with this message is it is almost exactly the same 'setup' as that one, and almost the same paragraphs just slightly modified... Now I wish I remembered where I saw it.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'm pretty sure the guy is legit.

Anyway he doesn't write like some snarky 12-year old who would get his rocks off trying to fake an anonymous audience that he got to stroke the mighty iPhone...

cmschmidt

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2007
Well - except it sounds just like another post at another site (and no I can't remember the link, but it was last week) and that iteration had no name, and no youtube information, and it did name the 'swanky' restaurant in nyc where this supposedly happened.

The problem with this message is it is almost exactly the same 'setup' as that one, and almost the same paragraphs just slightly modified... Now I wish I remembered where I saw it.

the link to that story was posted in this thread. however, other that taking place in a restaurant the stories are nothing alike.

A Pittarelli

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2007
for everyone complaining about whether this is real or not, at least it was an interesting read. thanks to the writer if its fabricated or not! :apple:

ogee

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2006
Earth.
... im not sure about the magnifying glass though. That doesnt seem very apple IMO ...

You have never seen Aperture then I guess.

I have no reason to doubt the story. As for waters asking questions of customers, I ind that quiet normal and acceptable. A few years back we were at the Raffles hotel in Singapore over Christmas, and my wife was wearing a Dirndl, the traditional Bavarian dress, and the waitress politely asked what the dress was and where it came from as she had never seen such a dress. So long as its polite, where is the problem?

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Has all the earmarks of a fake.

What kind of high class restaurant bothers their customers like that?

What kind of employee would be stupid enough to let anyone get their hands on their iPhone, knowing it could get them fired?

And I don't buy the "are you a journalist or blogger" question/answer. Typical story preamble to convince the reader.

Total BS.

Yeah I got the same feel. No one reading this has used the iPhone so who the hell even knows if what was said was true. Convenient the writer compared it to a treo.:rolleyes:

I think at the end one line is missing -- "Then I woke up."

cire

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2007
Hey, thanks for posting the review and for doing what every single one of us wish we had been able to do. I am envious!

As far as whether this is some viral marketing effort or not, so what!!! I want Apple to sell at least 1 million iPhones next Friday. That way I am protecting my investment of $599 + $175 for breaking a contract + $130 for a headphone + $200 or so for other accessories + $960 for data plan so....

SELL APPLE SELL!!!!!

TopGear

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2002
I found this submission to be quite aromatic and extremely floral on the nose, with a flesh, generous palate and an overall lightness and elegance that fits nicely with summertime rumor mongering.

That sounds more like a Chablis. To me, this submission has a buttery, round mouthfeel, possibly from malolactic fermentation, as well as substantial earthiness, mineral and flinty notes, followed by a long, extremely believable finish.

Mantichora

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2006
OH, WY & HI
I just hope one tenth of this is true....06/29/2007 Friday 6:00 PM EDT please get here so we can know once and for all what is real and what is not.

Am I buying one? Yes, an 8 GB..:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.