Someone's attacking Hillary. (And is it one of US?)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

CNN

Wild, huh?

You think we can narrow it down to an Obama fan who's also an Apple devotee and who is highly skilled at video media? (And no, it wasn't me. :D )

Attached Files:

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Odd place for it.

Probably end up here anyway. ;)

4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i know. i don't see why we can't have both threads, as this one will likely be more political than the other one.

personally i don't know what to make of the video. i wouldn't view Hilary as overtly Big Brother in her political views, so it doesn't quite fit, imo.

would've served us better if it was Bush, and done in '03 for the '04 elections. :p :D

5. Kalns macrumors regular

Kalns

Obama would be better than Hillary, but frankly I don't like any of the candidates on either side.

6. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

7. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Well, there isn't much unknown about the political philosophy or past behaviors of any of the front runners. So, why bother? The primaries aren't even gonna be held this year, much less the election, so who cares what idiots are doing or saying?

Given how much tear-down is already going on, I sure don't look forward to next year.

Separately, I wish primaries weren't until June or July. And no campaigning until the year of the election. Kinda hard for senators to take care of the nation's business when they're on the campaign trail. Governors oughta govern. Mayors oughta may :). Save jet fuel. Less speechifying means less hot air into globular worming. Fewer promises to not be kept.

"When the president walks through the White House door,
    And does what he says he'll do,
    We'll all be drinking that free bubble-up,
    And eating that rainbow stew." -- Merle Haggard

:D, 'Rat

8. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Hopefully hibernating in a tinfoil covered tent somewhere. Shhhh. Don't wake him up.

9. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Except for the globular worming (your vet has a pill for that), I can't argue with this. States are, of course, moving primaries up and up in an attempt to jockey for most influential position. It is kinda ridiculous and wasteful that we're already spending so much time talking about this when the election is 20 months away.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Wow, Hillary actually looks kinda cute in this shot..

[​IMG]

She does a pretty good job of plucking her eyebrows. :D

The YT video is almost up to 2 million views now.

11. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/who-created-hillary-1984_b_43978.html

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

None of us do.

The guy even said he'd vote for her if she won the primary, he just doesn't think she can win the Presidency and prefers Obama. Though I wonder if Obama has a chance either. This will probably be the same situation as with Kerry, where people didn't really like him, but saw him as the lesser evil.

13. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Hey, I think I see Ron Paul nearby, except he is telling all of his selfish libertarians to spam the internet with stories about him.

What is so "tinfoil" about Kucinich?

His platform for 2008 includes:
    -Creating a single-payer system of universal health care that provides full coverage for all Americans.
    -The immediate withdrawal of all U.S. forces from Iraq and replacing them with an international security force.
    -Guaranteed quality education for all, including free pre-kindergarten and college for all who want it.
    -Immediate withdrawal from the World Trade Organization (WTO) and North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).
    -Repealing the USA PATRIOT Act.
    -Fostering a world of international cooperation.
    -Abolishing the death penalty.
    -Environmental renewal and clean energy.
    -Preventing the privatization of social security.
    -Providing full social security benefits at age 65.
    -Creating a cabinet-level "Department of Peace"
    -Ratifying the ABM Treaty and the Kyoto Protocol.
    -Introducing reforms to bring about instant-runoff voting.
    -Protecting a woman's right to choose while decreasing the number of abortions performed in the U.S.
    -Ending the war on drugs.
    -Legalizing same-sex marriage.
    -Creating a balance between workers and corporations.
    -Ending the H1B and L3 Visa Programs
    -Restoring rural communities and family farms.

14. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

while i do agree with a number of platform points, kucinich is a new age nutjob. and i don't use that term casually.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Amen to that. He's just too weird.

16. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

All good ideas, I'm sure. Well, most of them. But how does he plan to accomplish any of that. Ideas are great, but you need to actually show you can do something, not just talk about it.

I'm sure he's a good... whatever he is, but I wouldn't vote for him unless I had to.