Somerset-Troy MI iPhone4

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by rjflyn, Jun 8, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

2. macrumors newbie

I've been there the last two years, but got the iPad at Partridge Creek instead. Decisions, decisions.

3. macrumors member

Got my iPad 3G from there so ima try to get out there for this launch

4. macrumors 6502a

I work at P.F Changs at Partridge Creek but live in Auburn Hills.

Will probably be at Somerset Apple!

5. macrumors member

Was at Somerset for the 3G and was third in line. I was there last year for the 3GS and was second in line. This year I will try and be first.

6. macrumors 604

labman

Add me to the list last year fedex brought my phone. this year I want the total Apple Geek experience. :p

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Now wondering how scarce they are going to be? Im looking at getting 2, wondering if thats the limit or if its more and could make money to pay for those by being a line sitter.

8. macrumors 604

labman

I thought about that to if JB/UL is available on or near release day. All those people that just can't wait till it's released near them. planing to take a personal day that day.

9. macrumors newbie

alcaholic

10. macrumors newbie

How early, or at what time did you get there?

11. macrumors member

It was about 5:30 AM, the line was still relatively short till about 7 then everyone started to show up.

12. macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

I should be there sometime throughout the day, noonish. I work right across the street from Somerset so it will be a good lunch on that day! :p

13. thread starter macrumors regular

My hope is the go the iPad route and to the preorder and pickup by 3PM route again. I work nights work the night before so id rather be able to get my nap and get up and go get it at noon or so with no hassles or worries about them running out. I dont want to have to be awake for home delivery either.

14. macrumors member

Really?? This is giving me hope. I am aiming to show up at 6am and have no reservation (my account was messed up and was not able to make a reservation or preorder).

Who wants to bring the bagels? :)

15. macrumors member

Any idea what time the mall opens? If people start the lineup outside where do they start lining up?

16. macrumors member

I'll be there around 7 am. Last year I was there shortly after 7 and I 'just' had to wait a good half hour to pick up my reserved 3GS. Hopefully it will be same this year.

17. macrumors newbie

This will be my first time getting a phone not being an Apple Employee at Somerset. The earlier you get there the better. If the preorder is any indication, there might be snags since this is going to be a huge product launch. Also make sure your bill has a zero balance or you don't "qualify" in the AT&T system for the upgrade price.

Somerset has a great staff and launches go smooth there. Loved working at that store.

18. macrumors newbie

My First iPhone ever!!!

ok so I'm planning on getting to somerset around 430 am(driving from grand blanc).....do you guys think that is early enough? I reserved mine, and I was able to confirm with apple that I'm in the system on yesterday, so I will still bring my email anyway(lol) and hope to be at least in the first 10 people being that I have to be at work at 9 back in Flint...also where around somerset will the line be anyway? If you see a big black guy walking around with a Citizens Bank shirt just wave!! I'm so excited.... AND this will be my first trip to an apple store EVER!! I'm open for suggestions here...thanks guys

Just in case I don't make it down in the morning at least they will hold it for me till closing......how are the evening crowds @ somerset?

UPDATE: I will be going in the evening when I get off work....now I hope Apple has bumpers!! I'm thinking about a white one

19. macrumors newbie

I plan to get to Somerset around 6am and have heard that the north entrance by the parking garage is where the line starts. Need to call tomorrow to confirm my pre-order is correctly registered. Since I work at Troy City Hall I don't have far to go to work afterwards.

20. macrumors member

Do all you guys have reservations?

I don't. I am still nervous that I am going to get there early and be SOL. Well...I guess I will see soon enough.

ps...pretty sure I will be the only 30 week pregnant girl waiting in line on Thursday.

21. macrumors member

@big sity
    If you arrive at 4:30 am I'm pretty sure that you are the first in line! Respect! :)

22. macrumors newbie

Why not just call the store, 248-822-0081, and ask if they will have enough for non-preorders.

23. macrumors member

I have....they really did not give me any kind of definite answers.

24. macrumors 6502

Debated on whether or not to stand in line. I finally decided to pre order online with home delivery. I will keep checking in to how things are going for you.

Good luck!

25. macrumors member

No pre-order or reservation here, but I'm going to try and get one in person anyways... it's early enough that it won't affect my work day. Going to show up around 6am I guess. I wonder which door would be best to go through.... The rear entrance near CPK, or through the Macy's rear entrance... ?? :confused:

I'm also wondering if they will have white iphone 4's for those that pick one up in person, as the white wasn't available for pre-order or reservation...