Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doowrehs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Hi,

Just a quick question for anyone in the know: Why, when accessed in Safari, do some sites not recognise use of the delete button as a means of returning to the previous page? I've noticed this happening on several sites I visit and, while it's not a major inconvenience, it does puzzle me. For an example, try quickly surfing around the bulletin boards here...

http://www.okayplayer.com/boards

...and you'll see what I mean. It is worth noting that once you actually click somewhere in the page, you're then able to use delete as intended - but I don't understand what prevents this function from working when first accessing the page. Any ideas?

Thanks.

PS - yes, I know apple + [ can be used to similar effect, but delete just seems more convenient

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Does this only happen in Safari? Because, as you said, the delete key works with other sites so I'm not sure if it's a problem with Safari or not.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
I've noticed that as well.

Try clicking in the white space of that forum and then try using Delete. Worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.