something better than iphoto?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jakochampolska, Mar 19, 2006.

1. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

Is there something better than iphoto? What I really am asking is, is there a better way to upload your photos from your camera to the computer without using iphoto? I'm not a huge fan of iphoto, I think it makes my pictures less organized than I would like.

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

If you're just looking to upload photos, Image Capture (it's in your Applications folder) is great. Look in its preferences (IIRC) to make it the default app when you connect your camera.

3. jakochampolska thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks!

4. jrk07 macrumors regular

You can check out the Adobe Lightroom Beta . I have messed around with it a bit and really like it. Its like aperture, but free (for now because its beta) and supposedly runs a whole lot smoother.

5. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

So you're recommending a professional RAW workflow management tool for getting images off your digi?

Just use image capture.

6. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

7. AmpedPhoto macrumors newbie

anyone else having probs downloading lightroom? Mine keeps failing due to "no mountable file systems" what does that mean?

8. Temujin macrumors 6502a

Temujin

No props here. Sorry can't help you with that

9. ahunter3 macrumors 6502

GraphicConverter is ideal for fetching your pix from your camera and then letting you browse what you just downloaded. Less BigBrotherly intrusive than iPhoto (i.e., it doesn't act like it knows better than you do what to do with your images).

10. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

I have tried Lightroom and it seems very complicated, especially for someone who is just looking to import photos easily. Image Capture is probably the best for this.

11. ethen macrumors regular

i tried acdsee and like it pretty much, you can browse directly too