Something big is about to come out !!!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Geert, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

And you ain't going to see it here:p

But don't you think it is way to quit on the Apple front??

We've got WWDC beginning of May, with the sneak peek of .2, but normally by this time we would already have seen something, heard something, ...
    But no, nothing, spymac only anounces, change of website, QT6 preview, ipod and Volkswagen.

Resume: a new site, QT6 preview, sneak peek, ...
    NORMALLY we would have seen something already, Apple is blocking all rumors, press releases, etc.
    That only points to one thing: This is big even by our standards (but without all hype)

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

That is some pretty twisted logic. The alternative of course is that all we will be getting is .2 and a new web site.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Yes, and they'll shut the website down right before the keynote and everybodies going to be talking G5! Then it will come up and we'll see its nothing really at all.

But I guess now is the time to start ramping up the hype and hysterial that always precedes a Jobs Keynote. 14 days to go!

4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

Lets just really hope its G5! I know it wont be but I just really want it to be!

its a unlogical logic and you are right, its all quiet on the Apple front, I wonder what will happen!

Ensign

5. Geert thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geert

Can we ask some of the MR gods to install a countdown-clock on the homepage to WWDC and when that's finished to MWNY?
    Arn? Blakespot?

Are there any other gods btw?

6. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

the counter sound like a good idea, I can remember them doing once (when I was a lurker!)

I think Arn and Blakespot are the only gods, (no offence to people religions)

Ensign

7. Ifeelbloated macrumors regular

Huh huh, uhh huh. I had to chuckle at the title of this thread. (Beavis and Butthead style chuckling).

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

9. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

MWSF had so much hype and some were dissapointed
    maybe they learnt there lesson
    But I hope a G5 comes out

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

where is the firm proof about a new web page?

just curious if i missed it or something..

11. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

hmm...you're right...I doubt this whole thing about the new webpage...and the G5 rumor has been going for ever so maybe at MWNY, it will be time..

12. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

The most that will happen is 10.2 and updates to TiBooks. possibly upgraded ibooks as well. WEll, maybe updated iMacs. BUt the "new tower" which will probably be named G5 no matter what wont be here until MWNY.

13. Geert thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geert

Indeed no firm proof, but spymac has an article running:
    Apple is currently evaluating alternative designs for their critically acclaimed web site, sources inside Apple report.

I just tried to put 2 and 2 together and see if it worked:p
    and of course (that is why we post right) see what some of you guys might come up with (better ideas, or more detailed info)

It takes a fish to catch a fish.

14. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I see it again and again - why do we keep using SpyMac as a reliable source for rumors?

I'm almost tempted to go over there, make something up, big of course, and see how long it takes to be posted over here as a rumor.....

15. Geert thread starter macrumors 6502a

Geert

dunno actually if it is a reliable source, but as I said, I just tried to put a puzzle together, and see where I ended up, and hoped that some of you guys would do the same (puzzlleing) or add facts, read on some other rumour sites (sorry god's)