Something Cooking @ the Grove?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by 512ke, May 3, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502

Sep 10, 2003
    For whatever it's worth, I was at the Apple Store at the Grove (LA) tonight May 3 2004 from 6 to 6:30 pm (PST). Something was happening. Decorations were being taken down. The unusually large crowd of black t-shirt wearing employees were all talking. "Are you staying all night?" "Yeah I'm gotta be here until 5 a.m." "When are we unpacking the boxes?" Etc etc etc. Perhaps the boxes are just filled with new promotional materials or store decorations. Probably it's irrelevant. However, I wanted to share the latest Mac minutiae with other Apple lovers. :)
  2. macrumors 65816

Jun 14, 2002
    wow awesome. I wonder if something will come of this...
  3. macrumors 6502

Mar 17, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Another one of my extreme mood swings... Apple might be releasing something... :rolleyes:

Cause I CAN'T sleep until they do... :(
  4. macrumors regular

Oct 27, 2002
    well whatever it was, it didn't happen today -- you should go back if you can and see if you notice any changes....if you dont see any then they mighta been talkin about next tuesday or something :p
  5. macrumors 68040

Everything points to new G5 Powerbooks, I'm sorry I could not help myself! :p :rolleyes: :cool: ;) :D :eek: :eek:
  6. macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    most retails store in the spring time have their employee hop an all night shift to redo their ads and displays from winter to spring.
  7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 10, 2003
    Probably you're right

I'll see if I can check back into that Apple store just for grins at some point this week. However, I think you're right. Sounds like those "boxes" were full of something other than a major product update or introduction!