Something good was ruined........

Discussion in 'Community' started by mac15, Oct 21, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

As alot of you know, I was running my very own smallish forums, which were hosted by a company called conforums ( see there site www.conforums.com) . They were free so I tried to hold on aslong as I could, I had been using the forums happily for about a month, but then today they changed, the have gone bad and put up all these damn pop-ups , and banners (banners I don't mind all that much) , but pop-ups suck, they are evil.
    Take a look at my site, www.macusers.tk, but make sure you look at the site with an ad blocker on, such as Chimera or mozilla or something, and it puts the pop-up right on the front page rendering the site unusable in that browser, If they had more banners I would have been happy, but no they made these crappy thing thats have ruined a cool free service. Anyways now, I'm going to have to find another set of forums (hopefully something comes up) . Till then to anyone using something free like I was enjoy it, cause it will just get ruined like my place did.

2. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Ewww.. thats nasty yo.. the page is smeared all over the page.. ugh...

Hope ya find another service!

irmongoose

3. vniow macrumors G4

I sent a complaint to conforums yesterday.
    Maybe I'll hear from them soon.
    This really pissed me off.[​IMG]
    I'll help you with the move if you like.
    Phpbb is free also and Akira uses it so you could get some pointers from him or something.
    Good luck on whatever you find.

4. vniow macrumors G4

Update:

They're not caving.
    I just saw on their site that it's either pay-up or turn off the blocker.

I don't know about you, but I don't have the ca$h to pay for these forums nor do I have any intention of turning off by blocker.
    Hope you find something better soon.[​IMG]