Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2010
UK
It's happening to me as well. Can't access any settings for the iCloud, iTunes store, music.. Can't log out from the AM app either, nothing happens

Restart your phone, if you can't open Settings. After the phones restarted. Don't open the Music app. Just go straight into settings and iTunes & App Store.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
So is this ever going to be on the front page of Mac Rumors so the word could go out to Apple also so the problem would get fixed as soon as possible.

zhenya

macrumors 604
Jan 6, 2005
Grr. I am traveling abroad and was having trouble updating or downloading apps. I logged out of the App Store on my iPhone earlier today, which fixed that problem, but it turns out that it wiped all 90GB of music I had downloaded for offline listening while traveling!! Awesome job Apple!

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
After a very long call with a Senior iOS advisor at Apple I think we've found the the solution to a lot of Apple Music issues.

This worked for me, hopefully it will for you as well -

Remember you will lose anything music related in your phone. Just a warning to you before going any further.

Close Music
Then
Settings - iTunes & App Store and logout of your Apple ID.
Then
Settings - General - Usage - Manage Storage - and remove any Music.
Then
Restart iPhone

Double check that you don't have any playlists, downloaded music on your iPhone. If you do, then restart again.

Now -

Sign back into iTunes & App Store,
Then
Apple Music and turn on iCloud Music Library
Then
Open Music, and wait for your music and playlists to sync.

I'll be interested in knowing if this worked for anyone else.
This seems to have fixed it for me. Thanks.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Good good, so far so good for me.

Didn't seem to work so much for me. Still locking up AM and other iCloud functions on a regular basis. I did seem to get some relief by turning off ICloud Music. Can't logout of iTunes since it is needed for updates but just turning off iCloud Music does seem to keep other functions working properly. The Reset All Settings seemed to have worked well on my iPad so I am giving it a try on my iPhone as well--kind of a pain but an additional benefit on my iPad was that it seemed to eliminate the ridiculous battery drain with the latest IOS update. I use a system status app and it shows the CPU regularly maxed out but noting associated with a particular app--so seems some IOS function causing the drain.

Mad4WDW

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2010
It seems to have resolved itself for me. A day ago my iPhone 6 was getting really hot like the processor was maxing out and it was killing the battery in a couple of hours, I was having trouble with the setting app freezing up and app store problems. Since last night my phone is running cool again without the battery drain or any of the other problems. Looks to me like it was a bad end problem that Apple have fixed. Hopefully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.