Something That Makes Sense! Finally!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stubeeef, Jun 17, 2005.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

CEO greed, gone wild and unchecked. A tribute to the late 90's, and after one trial ended with a hung jury. After 11 days, this jury came in and came it big.

These thiefs need the max sentence, and then send in a few more right behind them. And not into minimum security, but "federal, pound me in the @$$ prison." (officespace)

If I wasn't on a major diet, I would open a bottle of good champaign and celebrate something going right in this wacky world.
    ChainLink

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Separated at birth?

Attached Files:

3. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I caught this on NPR driving home with my girlfriend today. What I found particularly interesting in the report was the fact that one side (don't remember which offhand) had every potential juror with a college degree or any business experience excluded from sitting. A second point of interest was that the first trial ended in mistrial due to a threat made against one of those jurors.

I'm also reminded of the movie Trading Spaces, where Eddie Murphy's character says something to the effect of realizing that the best way to get back at rich people is by turning them into poor people. :rolleyes:

4. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    I wonder if its grounds for appeals?

One of my favorite movies, (did you catch the Ralph Bellamy, Don Amache cameo in Coming to America)

These people and a bunch of others need to go the PMITA prison. They did it to us metaphorically. Time they got it literally.

5. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Granted, it's kinda late and all, but if memory serves, they were all peremptory challenges. For those of you playing along at home who have never seen an episode of Law & Order, a peremptory challenge does not require giving a reason for dismissal. This differs from a challenge for cause, an example of which being if Jermaine had turned up on Jacko's jury list. That being said, you cannot routinely exclude all jurors on the basis of race, etc. So to answer your question, I would think not. Level of education is not a "protected" class. Litigators generally like stupid juries. They're easier to confuse. I forget who said (I think it was Mark Twain), "a jury is twelve people chosen to decide which party has the better lawyer" (or something like that).

"Mortimer...we're back!"

6. MikeTheC Guest

MikeTheC

Gallifrey -- Capitol City, Prydonian Sector
    There also was an interesting article on Dateline NBC regarding the absurd pay that Indians are getting for what's sold in the U.S.

All of this is stuff I think that companies should NEVER, EVER DO and that company executives should be shoved in Federal Prision for doing. Heck, maybe they should be shot instead, after all, why waste taxpayer dollars housing and feeding scum like this?

</vent>
    </soapbox>

For those of you international participants here, please understand that not all of us Americans are slovering, greedy bastards who want to drive our fellow humans into the ground at any cost.

7. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

One of these guys is Steve Ballmer. Which one? :eek:

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

These guys got too greedy, but you know that it happens everywhere - they probably would have gone undetected if they hadn't got carried away. $1 million for a party?!?! That's just asking for trouble.

D

9. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

If I remember right it was 2 million!

10. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

The top one, I'm quite sure atleast.