Something's waking up my Power Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Cooknn, May 11, 2005.

1. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Too many variables for me. Need help :eek: New 23" ACD and Tiger just installed and now all of a sudden my Power Mac G5 wakes up on its own and won't go back to sleep (by itself).

I used to use Silverkeeper to back up to my Lacie and it would wake it up and allow it to go back to sleep. Apparently there is a Tiger problem with the old version so I believe I totally unistalled that. I thought it was Bluetooth also, because twice I woke up in the morning to find my new ACD on with the Bluetooth Discovery program sitting there - not seeing my MS Bluetooth mouse. So I got rid of the Mouse AND the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and plugged in the stock Apple mouse and keyboard. It woke up again. And even though I have OS X set to put the box to sleep after 15 minutes (the monitor too) it doesn't go to sleep on it's own.

So I have resorted to setting the computer to always on and just turning off the monitor. Any idea's? I assume it's okay to leave the box on all the time - is this correct :confused:

2. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

ok.. if you goto your energy settings in system preferences there's a few things that can wake your machine. one is incoming phone calls (if you use dialup).. i'd look through there to see if anything like that might be turned on.

3. Cooknn thread starter macrumors 68020

Cooknn

There was one option for administrator access over ethernet that was on. I turned that off before I gave up. I can't imagine why something like that would wake it up - unless it's a bug in Tiger...

4. DXoverDY macrumors 6502a

give it a shot and see what happens.

5. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

i highly doubt that it is because of a bug in tiger. and yes it is ok to let your PM run all the time, just get a temp monitor and make sure its not overheating. i dont think i have turned my ibook off for at least a month

only screen savers of my gf and some sleep every night for my baby :)

NO death hahaha :D