Sometimes I have No Luck With Electronics Nexus 7

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Rodster, Oct 29, 2012.

1. macrumors 68040

May 15, 2007
    So I get my Nexus 7 delivered today by Office Depot. It looks and works great, no screen lift and just when I thought the stars were aligned right, I start noticing a spot towards the top center.

It's either a small area of dead pixels or a spec of dust. So back it goes to OD and now I need to find another one because it really is a sweet looking little tablet. :)
  2. macrumors 68000

Mar 30, 2011
    NY USA
    Crap happens; just bring it back and get another one. Yeah I know, it blows when you get a new toy and want to jump right in and play with it, but can't. But trust me, you will LOVE it once you can spend some quality time with it. I have had mine for three days and just love it.
  3. thread starter macrumors 68040

May 15, 2007
    Well no dead pixels but my replacement N7 has the infamous screen lift on the left side. Looks like I may cut my losses completely. :p
  4. macrumors 65816

Mar 7, 2010
    I would try again, as the Nexus 7 I have is perfect and I really love it.
  5. macrumors regular

Aug 9, 2011
    Kinda similar. I have the inexplicable property of making ANY device I own run slow. Even my iPad 2.
  6. thread starter macrumors 68040

May 15, 2007
    That's why I haven't installed iOS 6 on my iPad 2. :)

I may try one more time and if it's another defective unit I may get a Mini. One thing I noticed on both N7's is that even without auto-brightness turned off the screen brightness changes a little if you tilt the device. A friend of mine who owns one as well noticed his doing the same thing.
  7. macrumors 603

Feb 3, 2008
    Essex (UK)
    I got lucky the first time with my N7.

No dead pixels or screen lift. I did however, manage to scuff it ever so slightly when I dropped it on a table once. :(

It barely notices in person but I know it's there. My fault though and my obsessive ways makes me notice it every time I use it! :eek::)

Good luck if you try again or with whatever you go for next.

Attached Files:

8. thread starter macrumors 68040

May 15, 2007
    Got my replacement from Office Depot today and no screen lift and no dead pixels....hooray :D