Sometimes life just is strange...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by juhani, Jan 31, 2005.

1. juhani macrumors member

Nov 30, 2004
    All over the place (UK at this moment)
    What happened to me today was actually pretty amazing stuff i have to say. Namely, just a couple of hours ago, big grin on my face, i marched into the local Apple shop here in Scotland to buy myself a new iBook that i'd been planning for ages. I wanted an iBook 'cause it was pretty much the same as the cheapest PB but had bigger screen and was white. But as they didn't have any iBook with the bluetooth and larger hard drive in store they offered me to order one. So I agreed and we started to place an order. Almost in the end the shop assistant paused, frowned and then mentioned that by the way i could get my new laptop about a week sooner by ordering the computer myself through the apple's website. So i was like... 'hmm.. that's actually a pretty good idea' and left the shop. An hour later i opened my Internet Explorer, typed and guess what i saw.. well you all know by now what i saw of course - new powerbooks (don't ask why i hadn't have a clue about this... an ignorant fool as i am). So after comparing the planned iBook and the new 12" Combo PB again... there was absolutely no question which way to go (even despite the fact that the white iBook really looks so damn sexy). So now I'm looking forward to get my hands on my new PowerBook.

But i still keep wondering... if i had bought that iBook from that shop and then an hour later had seen the apple's updated website :eek: ... so life sometimes is kinda strange
  2. homeshire macrumors regular

Jul 24, 2002
    Ohio, looking toward Germany
    serendipity. that's the word you're looking for. ;)
  3. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    all very nice apart from the fact you really shouldnt be using internet explorer! :)