Somewhat fuzzy appearance using MBA's iSight Camera on Photo Booth?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Ryuukumori, Feb 6, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

So a friend of mine brought his MBA over top my house and it looked amazing. I really enjoyed the performance of it. I only found one thing a little odd.

When I opened Photo Booth, I saw the view on the camera quite fuzzy. I don't know if it is the constant rub from a thumb opening the MBA up or the somewhat poorer quality. Have any of you seen fuzzy performance on the iSight Camera? Just wondering.

2. macrumors regular

Read somewhere that the the macbook air camera is of vga quality, 640x480 instead of the megapixel of the other camera.

3. macrumors regular

had the same issue

I have the MBA 1.8 SSD and I had the same problem. For a while I thought that the camera was broken but I hate the base install so I blasted it and after a clean install, the Camera looked normal.

4. macrumors 65816

yea it sucks

they prob had to use a thinner diff cam. i don't use it much and the other stuff makes up for it

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

6. macrumors regular

are your light conditions low? mine is a little grainy during low light conditions.

7. macrumors regular

dahcheet

I have the same thing. When I first took my pic for the address book at work with good lighting it turned out well. When I got home with not nearly as many florescent lights, it was grainy.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's probably the situation. I wonder if this goes along with all the other MB lines.