Song Position thing acting Funny

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Mydriasis, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

I dunno maybe it always been there and everyone already knows about it, but if I click on the bar representing the song position, in iTunes 7, it skips to that part of the song (so good so far) but if I don't let go it starts scrolling backwards.

Is it happening to you? I dont mind, I just never noticed before.

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Sorry, but I can't reproduce this kind of behaviour.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does your cursor go with it? Are you using a trackpad or an optical mouse? :)

4. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

I sometimes get stuttering if I use the left mouse button to skip, but not if I use the middle button. Solution: click, don't hold :D

5. Mydriasis thread starter macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

No the cursor stays where it is supposed to. I am using a mighty mouse, but it doesn't matter I have tried the old-school-one-button-apple-mouse and it does the same thing.

I will try and post a video of it later!

6. Mydriasis thread starter macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

okay, here is a video of the problem... (the quality sucks but I didn't want to spend too much time and I had to compress it alot)

is no one else having this problem?

Attached Files:

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's bizarre. Do you have any third party key changers or any mouse software installed?

8. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

9. Mydriasis thread starter macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

I have a LogiTec mouse with the software installed, but other than that no. I haven't used that mouse in ages, I'll deinstall the software when I get home.

What keyboard/mouse command do you know that would let me do this?

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I've been playing 'round for about fifteen minutes and just can't replicate this behaviour, no matter which keys I'm holding. I'll have a look 'round some OSX sites to see if they know what's going on. :)

11. Mydriasis thread starter macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

I tried in on some other mac that I have access to but they all seem to be fine. (G3 PowerBook, iMac G5, G4 PowerBook, and a G5 PowerMac 2.0Ghz)

I have a DP G5 1.8 GHz, running OS 10.4.7, with 3Gb of RAM, iTunes 7.01, and the newest version of Quicktime Pro.

I have no idea what it could be? I even stay when I upgrade to 7.01.

12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, well I don't think it's a stuck key. Start with the obvious and create a new user account to see if it behaves the same there. :)

13. Mydriasis thread starter macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Well I tried it on my girlfriends account and guess what... iTunes acts normal:eek:

go figure that, I guess it is some weird combination of preferences, who knows?

Thats mad jew for you help!!!

14. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hmm... Is your girlfriend's account otherwise almost identical to your own? Were you using the same mouse and its accompanying software? :)

15. Mydriasis thread starter macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

Yup, same computer, same mouse, same monitor, same program... same everything. I only used fast user switching and went on her account, we even have the same iTunes library.

Its kinda funny how you can switch back and forth between two accounts and get the same program acting differently. Oh well it doesn't really bother me.:D