Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Users will note a new link under people's usernames.

"xyz's Song Recs"

These are iTunes Songs recommended by the user on Dailytunes. To add to your own personal recommendation list, go to http://www.dailytunes.com/ and log-in (same username/pass as this forum) and you can start recommending songs by adding songs to your list.

Note that if you create a new song recommendation list, it will take up to 30 minutes for your forum username to update and show a link to your recommendations.

arn

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It works! Thanks, arn.

This'll make me more likely to check out what music people recommend, especially once I learn who has similar taste to me.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Good stuff, I'd forgotten about some of those recommendations, I'll have to go make some more, people will think I'm some kind of old rocker... ;)

Hmmmm, Jazz, nice.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
You're not seeing this?

Attachments

• ed.jpg
    ed.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 275

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Since the forum is quite diverse - maybe this would be a good time to request the UK, and other countries' music stores are included in the dailytunes listings?

I'm a member, but haven't been able to submit any whimsical additions since they're only in the UK iTMS, and Dailytunes is locked to the US version.

Oh, and... I'm with BV on this one. Can't see anything under profiles yet.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ok, it should show up for everyone now. :)

arn

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Okay, that's a little weird, since I've only ever recommended 4 songs. Not exactly representative of my tastes. Maybe one of these days I'll add a few more.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
wordmunger said:
Okay, that's a little weird, since I've only ever recommended 4 songs. Not exactly representative of my tastes. Maybe one of these days I'll add a few more.

Billy Holiday? :p

Well, there is no hiding my love for a certain Candian band that hogs 1.5 gigs of my library.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This will definitely boost visiting at DailyTunes.

arn, have you thought about expanding the list of Themes? That's a rather short list. I'm sure members here could offer other ideas for categories. For starters, you could add the other decades, so the themes don't seem [playlistId=22554100&selectedItemId=22554077]preoccupied with the 80s[/playlistId].

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Doctor Q said:
This will definitely boost visiting at DailyTunes.

arn, have you thought about expanding the list of Themes? That's a rather short list. I'm sure members here could offer other ideas for categories. For starters, you could add the other decades, so the themes don't seem [playlistId=22554100&selectedItemId=22554077]preoccupied with the 80s[/playlistId].

ya, unfortunately there isn't a good mechaism in place to nominate existing songs in dailytunes for new themes.

but more themes would be good...

arn

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
btw

if it's not obvious, you don't have to suggest new songs to add them to your list... you can add existing DailyTunes songs to your recommended list by using the

Action: Add to List

link

arn

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I just gave it a try, thank you arn. This should be very useful. :D

Now to wait and see if it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.