Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychofreak, Oct 26, 2006.

1. psychofreak Retired

May 16, 2006
    Don't get me wrong, I love iTunes, but a strange feeling hit me while trying out Mozilla Songbird today, it is missing a ton of features.

I would not consider moving to songbird (especially now that it is a buggy 0.2 developer release) but I love some of its features. It doesn't really have many extensions now, but I can bet that (like Firefox) there will be some great ones once the release goes gold. I like that it has audioscrobbler as an optional built-in feature (I use the plug-in on iTunes...check it out), and wikipedia; in the same manner that iTunes can link you with the click of a button to the iTS page of the song that you are listening to, songbird can do the same but to the wikipedia page, using its built in browser. I never considered wanting a browser inside my music app, but its actually really useful. Also, skins is a great feature.

I urge you Macrumors faithful to at least give it a go, and tell me what you think. Unfortunately, integration is obviously an issue, and I am not telling you to switch, but I would like iTunes to have more of these features. Remember, just like the firefox you know and love, it will be a completely different app with extensions and skins.