songs not going into itunes library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arianee, Feb 23, 2006.

1. arianee macrumors newbie

Hello!
    I have just downloaded (via BitTorrent) a couple of albums and some of them won't go into my iTunes library when i go to "Add to Library" and then choose the tracks. I don't get an error message or anything... they just don't appear! I also can't play them with quicktime (but this happens all the time so i think it's unrelated).

This seems to be happening with a Rakes album and also a Rapture album (if that helps!!). I also remember it happening once before when I used Poisoned.

Help me! What's going on?? One of the albums is really hard to find and this might be the only way i can hear it :( Thankyou!!

2. mannix87 macrumors 6502

what format are you using? iTunes supports a variety of formats such as mp3, aac, lossless etc. but if your file is not among those listed, iTunes wont be able to accept it, much less play it.

3. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

If the songs you downloaded were purchased songs (meaning whoever you downloaded them from bought them) there might be a DRM issue. I had a buddy call me up and we spent hours trying to fix this, come to find out he illegally downloaded songs from someone who purchased them. When I found out that I was wasting my time BREAKING THE LAW I quickly tossed him out.