Songs on 512MB shuffle automatically erased?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by zephead, Sep 28, 2006.

1. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I have a 512MB Shuffle, Windows XP, and iTunes 7.0.1. Every time I plug in my shuffle after I get home from school, the songs on my shuffle are automatically erased, although they do get their play counts and last played dates in to iTunes before that. I find it rather inconvenient to have to refill it every day. Has anyone else had this problem? I searched the forums already, but to no avail.

2. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

First question which might seem stupid but you have to ask : is there any music in your itunes library? Because if there isn't when you plug the shuffle in, it will sync with itunes, and if there's nothing in itunes, then it will do the same for the ipod.

3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

In OS X, my 512MB Shuffle doesn't automatically erase. Maybe something weird happened to your iPod's settings in the iTunes update from 6 to 7. Check over your iTunes and iPod settings. Check the iPod's AutoFill settings as well. Keep us updated.

Daniel.

EDIT: Just so you know, my Shuffle system that works for me is to never actually fill the Shuffle straight from the Library. I always make playlists. At any given time, my iTunes has several different iPod Shuffle playlists. At the moment, there's only two: "iPod Shuffle Favorites" and "iPod Shuffle Sleep." This makes it so I don't have to go through my library every time I want to find music. Mind you that I have 33GB of music and I bet I've only heard 75% of it, if even that, so the iTunes Autofill always gets songs I've never heard, so I don't use that.