Songs that are purch with iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicolle19, Feb 27, 2007.

1. nicolle19 macrumors member

Jan 4, 2007
    I had purchased several songs from Itunes on my windows pc, but it crashed. The songs were on my ipod so when i purchased my new iMac i put them onto my hd with Senuiti. When I try to play some of the songs it ask me for my user name and password. My accoung that I had with Itunes used my email as log in which I dont have anymore and I dont know the password. Will apple support help with this. Also is there any way of coverting the songs into mp3 then back to aac so it wont even ask for this?
  2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2006
    I'm sorry your PC crashed. :(

You need to authorize your music. When you buy a song from the iTunes store, an unlimited number of iPods and 5 computers can play the songs legally. To authorize a computer, you must put in the iTunes account and password (a.k.a. e-mail address). If you forgot your password, there's really nothing you can do about that. Guess? Also, Apple Support will most probably not help you with getting your lost password back.

Also, if you ever do get the password back, I would select the "unauthroize all computers" choice. Even though your PC crashed, iTunes still thinks that it is authorized as one of the 5 avaiable computers.
  3. lozanoj83 macrumors 6502a

Mar 5, 2006
    Southern California
    transfer the songs to the iMac,
    then click the get info from the song
    it should tell u the email address from which u purchased it from
    hope it helps