Songs truncated by iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by docpark, Apr 2, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

I have purchased over 1000 songs over the past 4 years from iTunes. While shuffle playing the list last year, noted some songs skipped and went to next song while on iPod. Noted same behavior on iTunes. Affected only a few songs at first, and didn't care as I usually listen to a few seconds and skip anyway. But now, approximately 25% of songs affected, some very close to beginning, others near the end. These songs cannot be burned onto CD as they cause an "unknown error" that interrupts the burn. The files are intact as you can fast forward past the "blip" that causes skip. I have tried erasing the library (and losing the playlists!) and reloading the latest itunes and resetting the iPod, but to no avail. No mention of this on official Apple site. Can this be remedied? Seems to have affected both songs from the ITMS and from ripped songs from CD.

thanks

2. macrumors 6502

Rantipole

I don't know how this would have happened, given the facts you have described, but have you checked the songs' playback Options, to make sure the start and stop times have not been truncated?

("Get Info" on song>>select "Options" tab>>review start and stop time).

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

nope, the start and end options are not changed

nope, the start and end options are not changed

4. macrumors newbie

Me Too!

This same problem has occured for me as well. I have also checked if the start/end time was altered and it was not. I have been searching for answers all day and its getting quite frustrating T.T Please let me know if you find a solution! :apple: :(

5. macrumors 601

Add me to the list or users with this problem. I have notived this many times on my iPod, and thought that the problem was in the iPod itslf or its settings. However, I have tried playing the same songs via iTunes with the same (truncated) result. I have not tried re-ripping the songs in question yet, as it hasn't bothered me enough yet (I just basically quit using my iPod and iTunes). I was thinking just yesterday how my iPod had become an expensive paperweight.

6. macrumors 65816

yoda13

I think I might have the same problem too....:(

7. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Can you play one of the "broken" songs in QuickTime Player?