Sonic Advance 3 for GBA...

Discussion in 'Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Jan 7, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Anybody playing this game can you give me your opinion on this game....which is better 3 or two? im going to buy the best one.

Bless

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

1 has a strong Master System feel to it. 2... nah. it was good but Sonic Advance 3 was the best. I got my sister that for xmas and she loves it. I had a little play and yes, gameplay alone (excluding later levels, length of game, story, music, everything else) its the best in the series. very fun. very good.

3. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

4. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Sonic Advance 3 is very fun, but oh man...Sonic Rush for the Nintendo DS is like the classic Sonic games, it has a fresh new feel to it and has some wicked 3D elements, I can't stop playing it, it's way too fun! :D

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

To be honest I've been kinda weary of buying another Sonic handheld game after the recent ones.

Sonic Advance 2 felt like, "ooh look at me, I'm fast!"

One of the early stages, I found I could beat the entire stage by holding forward and pressing the jump button *one time*. Seriously. The entire stage basicly flew by so fast that there was no strategy or thinking involved until the later levels.

Sonic 3 and Knuckles remains my favorite Sonic game of all time.

I haven't played Sonic Rush yet, admittedly.

6. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles was my absolute favorite, Sonic CD was great too but, this Sonic Rush game, it's like the classic old good ones, it even has elements from the older games and you can't beat them by just pushing forward, some levels are quite hard. The special stage is a great updated version of the Sonic 2 half-pipe like special stage except you use the stylus which is genius! The game isn't too easy, in-fact the boss for Stage 6 is pretty hard but, the game is great. I can't stop playing it, if only I could get past that one level.....:p

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah Sonic Rush truly is the best Sonic Game in a very long time, if not ever..

I loved the Genesis (MegaDrive) version's, and Rush feels like the best moments of them with added 3D bosses that don't feel just clumped on....

Sonic Adventure I thought was ok (apart from the adventure sectiobs, but the levels themselves were good fun), the sequel sucked and Sonic Heroe's needs to burn in a blaze of fire in hell.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I didn't like Sonic 3 with Knuckles. I didn't like Sonic 3 at all, it didn't feel like a sonic game... sorta like how Mario Bros 2 wasn't really a Mario game. I could play the first 2 zones over and over but it loses something that Sonic 2 had going from start to finish.

Still to pick up Sonic Rush. got a feeling my girlfriend will get me that as a late birthday present... i mean... SONIC! a good sonic! what we've all been screaming out for since the mid 90's

9. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i think sonic CD was the best thing on the sega CD line up. that game was fun and i havent played the sonic game for the DS yet but soon.

Bless

10. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

the best sonic was the dreamcast version, great graphics, fun game