Sony 23in LCD?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by GyroFX, Mar 31, 2004.

1. GyroFX macrumors 6502

I'm getting tired of waiting for Apple to come out with a new 23in LCD. I'm thinking about going with the Sony PrimerePro 23in widescreen. Does anyone know anything about this monitor. Or, should i wait it out for Apple to come out with something. I'm tired of waiting for the monitor update. The only thing is that the Sony will cost an extra 400 dollars. Any suggestions? thanx

2. DrunkPrimate macrumors newbie

if i were you i would get the 23 inch sony monitor looking for cost and parts factors the 23 in sony monitor uses the same 23 inch high def panasonic screen the only major diff though after that is that it has a control panel on the front to control the contrast and brightness and other options plus it has ports in the back for a hdtv receiver to make it a full fledge HDTV it also allows you hook up componat video in certain modles of it to and also i belive has a build in USB port for the mear 300 dollars more you really do get a major step up in features .... im saving up to get on my self because i run a multi system network (2x X86 with linux, windows, BSD. Mac OSX powerbook and soon to be G5 [just a little more money] and then a salavaged Sun Ultra sparc 60 and SGI indigo)

3. cr2sh macrumors 68030

cr2sh

I'm not sure if you mean the Sony SDM-P232W/B or not.. but I've seen it around. The monkeyboy at circuit city advised me against it saying it didn't have "a very good image quality." The circuitcity had these guys on clearance for $1700, at that price I had a hard time not buying one, but hopes of an apple 30" has got me waiting too.. :)

If you go for it please let us know what you think.