Sony Acid equivalent software on Mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Encanto, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Encanto macrumors regular

Nov 7, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Hello my friends,

I apologize in advance if this question has already bee asked. I just made the change from Windows to OS X tiger. I use alot Sony Acid (audio/editing) program. I want to ask if there is a program out there that might be equivalent to this one for Mac? Your replies will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.
  2. emotion macrumors 68040

Mar 29, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Depends what you want from your Acid replacement. If it's the loop manipulation you're after Ableton Live might be what you're after.
  3. czeluff macrumors 6502

Oct 23, 2006
    useless info?

I've never used Acid, so I have no idea exactly what it does....

but Adobe came out with a public beta of a piece of software called Soundbooth that lets u add in/strip out extra sounds. It has alot more functinality as well; i simply downloaded it, played with it for 30 minutes, then deleted. I don't do audio editing.

4. dean-newton macrumors newbie

Apr 25, 2009
    Hi guys, I use ACID Pro on the PC but moved to a MacBook Pro, all I really use it for is a quick way to edit down tracks for djing with, anyone know of anything with a similar beatmap funtion that'll quickly let me cut and paste tracks while keeping the timing perfect?
  5. Melrose macrumors 604

Dec 12, 2007
    In your HVAC ducts, stealing your secrets.
    I don't mean to thread-jack this topic - but I'm looking for a replacement for Adobe Audition on the Mac (Audition isn't available).

Does Logic Pro do the same thing or would that be overkill do you think?

Thanks ahead :)
  6. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

Oct 17, 2006
    It's a little overkill, but Ableton Live is really the closest thing to Acid and has many similar capabilities including the beat mapping.

You may also want to consider just using a dedicated DJ application like Native Instruments Traktor. It'll manage your entire library, has full 'sync' (keeping tracks locked to the same tempo) and has great effects and internal mixer. If you were only using Acid to DJ I think Traktor is a much much better purpose built application. Without the audio interface it's probably cheaper too.

7. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

Oct 17, 2006
    I wasn't paying attention and that the OP was from 2007... LOL.

I used to be on the PC and my favorite editor was Wavelab. I hardly use all of it capabilities and when I moved to the MAC it was no longer an option. Amadeus Pro is just awesome for my needs and is priced great.

Check it out:

Maybe my other post will be useful too. :rolleyes: