Sony CD Mavica Digital Camera & iPhoto

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TranceClubMusic, Dec 10, 2004.

1. TranceClubMusic macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2004
    Miami, FLorida
    iPhoto does not see my camera. All options to import via camera are all "greyed out".

As soon as the camera is connected I get a message box that says:
    "You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To continue with the disk inserted, click Ignore".

When I click "Ignore" the message box goes away and NOTHING happens.
    iPhoto still says: No Camera Selected.

Then I decieded to try the other option available in the message box mentioned above.
    I click "Initialize" - Disk Utility Opens up and really does nothing for me as well.

The System Profile "sees" the Camera as listed:
    CD Mavica:
    **Manufacturer: SONY
    **Model: SONY DSC DDX-G2100
    **Drive Type: CD-RW
    **Disc Burning: Not Supported
    **Removable Media: Yes
    **Detachable Drive: Yes
    **Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
    **Product ID: 36 ($24)
    **Vendor Name: Sony
    **Bus Power (mA): 500

Disk Utility also see the camera.
    Mounting an image creates a .dmg and a empty folder that does me no good as well.

Hey! I thought Macs just worked! WOW! How sad I am to see that this camera JUST WORKS ON ANY PEECEE!!!

Whats up with this mess?

PS - Please dont tell me repair permissions , blah blah blah....I hear that one more time then its time for a PeeCee I think.

Oh and just in case your wondering why use the USB Cable when you have a Camera that takes photos on a CD..........thats cause the Almighty PowerMac G5 CANT EVEN READ Small CDs......just my luck. Wonderful how Junky PeeCees can read the Mini CD all day long.

Things that make me go hmmmmm - as a swicther. :mad:
  2. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    I think the Mac saw it as a CD-RW drive, not a camera.

Just mount it, and use it like a normal inserted CD... just like you did on your "PEECEE", I'm sure.
  3. TranceClubMusic thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2004
    Miami, FLorida
    Nope - dosent work. :(