Sony CD1000 disk format

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by wazzel2u, Jun 17, 2002.

1. wazzel2u macrumors newbie

Just a quick question. I have a Sony CD1000 digital caamera. It stores it's images and short mpeg video clips on a small CDR disk. This disk -once finalized- may be opened and browsed with a Windows computer. I want to be able to open the disk using my iBook, but it does not recognize the disk format. If anyone knows of a solution, I'd love to hear your ideas.

Thank you in advance.

Sony CD1000 camera
    G3 600 iBook with combo drive

2. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

as far as i know, the cd1000 will not work on OSX or OS 9 for that matter. the only way to get your images and mpeg2 clips on the mac is through USB. I think this problem was resolved with sony's latest mavica, the cd400.

3. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Well that would just blow chuncks if such is the case.

Have you attempted to contact Sony yet and find out what is up with it?? Is there anything in the manual about reading the cd's on a Mac??? I find it very odd that they would format them in such a way that a pc can read them, but a Mac cannot. I have yet to find a cd that I cannot read with a Mac system (with either OS 9 or OS X).

I just searched for information about the CD1000 camera, came up with 0 results. They are providing driver updates for win2k and winme *shudder*, but nothing for the Mac. The new cameras DO list the Mac OS as supported, but I still could not find anything on the 1000 that you have.

How long have you had it?? If less then a month, see if you can return it and get one of the newer models that DO support the Mac OS. Did you ask the salespearson if it would work on a Mac before you purchased it?? If they told you it would, and it doesn't, either they gave you a line of bullsh*t, or the camera is defective.

I'd call Sony on it, especially if the literature lists the Mac as being supported.