Sony Clie and OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macfreek57, May 11, 2006.

1. macfreek57 macrumors 6502

Does any one have a Sony Clie PEG-TJ25?
    I just bought one and cannot get it to work with OS X. I just replaced a PEG-SJ22 with it. I know that the PEG-SJ22 works with OS X (10.4.6) and the Palm Desktop software, but the TJ25 just will not sync. I try to initiate a sync from the Clie, and nothing happens. Everything else on the TJ25 works fine, I just cannot transfer information between my PDA and my computer (I haven't tried the IR port as I don't have one on my Mac).
    "The Missing Sync" says that it supports the TJ25. But what I need to ascertain before jumping into buying it is whether or not I bought a defective product. If it is a problem with the Mac software, then buying The Missing Sync should fix it, but the company does not offer a trial version. My TJ25 is refurbished, so it's very possible that it is defective. What I really need is someone who has this model (or a similar one) and had the same issue and fixed it with The Missing Sync. If you have any information on the subject, I would certainly appreciate it, and especially if you have had experience with OS 10.4.6 and a Sony PDA.
    It's just a really frustrating situation, having bought something I thought would help me in school (so I don't need to lug my laptop around), and then finding out that it might be completely useless. I've sent e-mails to Sony and Palm. Both of them referred me to the other. It's very annoying.
    Anyway, thanks for any help you guys can give.
    Ryan

2. macfreek57 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nevermind…

I found out that Mark/Space actually does have a trial version of The Missing Sync, and it worked. It's just that on the website they made it seem like it was a demo upgrade, as in, if you already owned a version of the software, you could try the new version out for a while. But it is actually a fully functioning trial version.
    Man, Palm completely failed on that one. And Sony said in an e-mail I received from tech support, "Sony does not support the Macintosh operating system for use with any of our CLIE Handheld models." I wish more hardware/software developers gave more than half a crap about people using a Macintosh.