Sony CLIE and syncing it to ical,address book

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by eVolcre, Aug 16, 2004.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

OK I'm stumped. I'm neither a CLIE expert nor a MAC expert. I was given a Sony CLIE PEG-T615c and am wondering how I get it to sync up with my 12" powerbook running Jaguar. I would like my address book and ical entries to be fed into the PDA.

I've researched isynch, PALM Desktop 4.0, isync palm conduit, the missing sync and am completely stumped.

In really simple terms what do I need to install to have my SONY Clie get my address book and ical?

Thanks for your help ... eV

Oh I have been reading the 1src forums and from there

"Clie PEG-T615 only requires Palm Desktop 4.0 or greater on Mac OS 9 or X.

The Missing Sync is NOT NEEDED for this device to HotSync.

I suspect this will therefore include the T600 and the T625."

I took that to mean that I can download the Palm Desktop for OSX and it will hotsync fine without the Missing Synch. But wouldn't that make me use the calendar and address book in the Palm Desktop? I want to use ical and address book that came with my computer.

Color me confused!

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I successfully synced my Sony Clie' SJ22 with Entourage by simply downloading Palm Desktop then setting Entourage to recognize HotSync. Not sure about iCal and Address Book. I'll check it out this evening when I get home and see what I can find out.

Have you plugged your Clie' in to your Mac to see what happens? Try to HotSync and see where it goes, can't hurt.

3. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Actually, I think I got it to work. Not exactly sure how but it IS synncing with isync and address book/ical.

What I did was install the Palm Desktop 4.2 with Hotsync manager. This immediately recognised the CLie and I was able to hotsync without Missing sync. I then downloaded the Apple Palm Conduit. Played around with some settings in hotsync manager and now when I press hotsync on the cradle it brings up isycn and syncs up my address and calendar.

I'm not really sure what I did or how this works but the important thing is that is working.

Thanks

4. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

...that's great!

I think it worked because Macs just work! I've only been a switcher for a little over a week and I've discovered all the little things that matter are so easy to use on a Mac.

Lovin' my iBook!!!