Sony Connect

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by zakthemack, Oct 6, 2004.

1. zakthemack macrumors member

Just had a quick question about Sony Connect. Are all downloads in the Atrac format? Is it possible to download from Connect and play in iTunes? Will I possibly need to download from Connect, burn to a disk and then import into iTunes? Phantom Planet did an exclusive for Connect that I was thinking about ordering, just wondered if it was going to conflict with my iTunes. Thanks. Zak.

2. zakthemack thread starter macrumors member

Right, so I had a quick look over at the Sony store versus the virtually the same selection to be fair. Neither had What's the Story Morning Glory, iTunes only had the clean version of Gorillaz, both had about the same amount of Robbie Williams, and neither had GLC.

I'm just wondering if anyone has read any rumblings about Sony artists not being allowed to offer exclusives and possibly the entire album on competing iTunes?

3. zakthemack thread starter macrumors member

Neither had Led Zeppelin albums, but iTunes had the complete catalogue of Queen, while Connect had zero. While iTunes only has partial albums for most of the Happy Mondays, Connect was even worse. Both had an equal amount of Stone Roses.