? @ Sony DSCW50

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by flyfish29, Jun 18, 2006.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

So I have a couple of questions about the Sony DSCW50 Cybershot camera if anyone has any knowledge of this (or similar camera). I hope to buy this camera within a few days.

I have an older cybershot DSC S75that takes movies but I have not been able to import them into iMovie. Does anyone know- will the movies that the DSCW50 takes import into iMovie? Do I need to buy software to do that? What is the quality of the movies. (the quality on my older DSC S75 movies is not that good of course- will the new ones be better quality so I could post them using iWeb for the grandparents?)

Second part- a reviewer at Amazon stated there is an issue with this particular camera and using the Memory Stick PRO duo cards- they claimed sony knew of the problem- I have contacted Sony and not heard back yet and can't find anything on their web page to state this- does anyone here have this exact camera model DSCW50 and use the PRO memory sticks?

Any information will be appreciated!

2. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

most P&S cameras take movies in a "muxed" MPEG mode that isn't easily edited with software. Clips can often be positioned (one after another) but editing the actual footage is very difficult b/c of the file format.

3. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

I figured that but I simply want to post the video I take on the web- don't care if it is something fancy- I will work towards buying a new video camera where I can do that.

This is what it says about movie mode on the camera: VGA movie mode (640 x 480) allows videos with sound, limited only by memory-card capacity MPEG Movie VX Fine Mode
    The DSC-W50 can capture VGA (640 x 480) audio-video clips at high frame rate (up to 30 frames per second), with length limited only by the capacity of your media.

Anyone else have input???