Sony= Dumbest Company

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Jan 28, 2006.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

I cant believe they made the psp without 2 analog joy sticks, it makes playing shooting and adventure games so ridiculous, they promised it to be very similar to the ps2, and i cant believe they forgot to put a second analog. sure the controls they thought up of r fine, but like lock on targeting in socom isnt socom, it takes no skill to kill someone on socom online, its basically who sees the other person first. at least they should release an attached joystick that goes near the triangle button and connect it through the usb at the top

2. GonzoRob macrumors 6502

GonzoRob

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

this sure seems like a worthless post. if you aren't happy with the PSP then don't get one. its a handheld gaming system. not a full console.

4. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

ill agree they are the dumbest company if u agree this is the dumbest post.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

To ease your pain....dont buy the psp if you don't like it...simple but effective.

Bless

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

same here: don't like - it don't buy it.. or wait untill the psp2 is released

7. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Yeah the PSP sucks where the hell is my DDR mat? :rolleyes:

8. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

ok im just saying they should of made it easier to play shooting and adventure games by adding in a second analog stick, its not stupid, a lot of ppl dont buy it because they say how do u play a shooting game with only one analog, this isnt n64

9. nightdweller25 macrumors 6502

Oh the stupidity.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

He has a point. Maybe it wasn't the most dignified and best way of getting his point across but it makes sense. If you haven't got a touch screen then a 2nd analogue stick would have been perfect. would have made for some killer traditional FPS gaming on the go :) *dreams of homebrew Quake 2 on the PSP*

GB2 perhaps?

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

He does have a point, but he's being a complete troll about it.

The PSP needs its second analog stick for FPS and games like Ape Escape.

12. TheGimp macrumors 6502

LOL!

I once started what turned out to be a lenthy thread in the "SOCOM" section of Gamefaqs.com -> PSP asking what's the point of a PSP autoaim FPS?

I received so many absurd and flaming responses claiming that Socom is so good that [frankly many had no interest in playing their PS2, etc] and moreover what right did I have to criticize others for doing such things as foaming at the mouth while barking orders into the PSP's headset in public to platoon mates, or getting used to Socom's faulty controls, when so many other, obviously much more talented gamers than I had no trouble whatsoever completely adapting their hands to the ostensibly awkward control scheme?

One of the best responses I received claimed [language reworded here] that Socom for the PSP is a bona fide FPS by virtue of the fact that it can accompany one to the fridge, while one fetches a Coke, or to the crapper thereafter, while never losing verbal and visual contact with one's brothers-in-arms in so doing.

Hardcore.

13. takao macrumors 68040

takao

for the psp analog stick (besides not getting used to it during the short periods i played it): am i the only one who finds that the placement is perhaps to close to the edge of the device and to near to the lower side especially ? the d-pad on the other side is quite comfortable to use compared to it

14. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Here we go again another thread about if the psp is worth it. Yea sony is the dumbest company...:rolleyes: The Psp controls are nice and they would benefit from a second stick but this is a handheld and most of the games that are out are fine without it except some tittles(looking at coded arms here) A gamer on the go dont need a touch screen nor differcult controls thats why the Gameboy was a sucess not because it had 16 buttons and a touch screen but the games were simple and fun...what i'm trying to say here is to keep the leaks of the big N handheld out of this.

I can see where this is going again with the big N fans coming to take a chunk out of the psp once more.

Bless

15. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

I like Sony products. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

16. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

thechris69

i do have a psp thats the thing, i think sony can benefit more if they made 2 analogs, because gamers know its easy to control with 2, not lock on or however coded arms did it, i just think sony made a design error in not putting 2 analogs

17. hyperpasta macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

Do you have any knowledge of who a certain user crazysaxschris is? I think you do.

18. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I must have missed something somewhere. The PSP has an analog stick? :confused:

19. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Right beneath the D-pad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

Everything from the PS2 to the PSP to the AIBO to the VAIO (except windows).

I think the PSP is really good for racing and sports games, but not that good for shooters. I love my PSP and dont really like the ds. i think the only dumb move sony made was putting windows on the vaio, their playstation line is the best. I can't wait until the ps3.

21. DrNeroCF macrumors 6502

Wait, you think the lack of a second analog... thing... on the PSP is the worst thing that Sony's done... :eek:

As much as I like their cameras and stuff, the Playstation line is a piece of junk...

22. TheGimp macrumors 6502

That little analog numb is amazing! I nearly achieved enlightenment while using it in online Wipeout Pure matches against people on xlink kai! It took several months before I began to appreciate it, but after stubbornly learning to use it in conjunction with the dual airbrakes, there was no going back.

Two would be nice though. So would double the vram and faster UMD access times, but one can't have everything I guess.

Here's a tip (found in another thread) to those finding the analog numb awkward to use due to its placement and the PSP's thinness:

Try playing the PSP while the PSP is still in the Logitech Playgear carry case. That really helped me quite a bit, though I never minded the nubs placement as much as some (i.e. who have larger hands).

23. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Heh, I thought that was a speaker :D