Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toomuchrock

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Hey there anyone else see anything about this. Nothing (that search found) on these forums.

I've a Sony DVMC-DA1 (Analog to Digital converter) that I bought when my G3 came without the inputs my 8500/180 had on it. Expensive hardware. I don't use it much as my cam corder has firewire out and I use a different media converter with phantom power for my podcasts. Anyway this one is around for when I want to rip a VHS or an LP to my computer. I went to do this today and neither my notebook (10.4.4 15" 1.5GHz PowerBook) or my gals (10.4.3 12" 1.5GHz Powerbook) nor my desktop (10.4.4 2x2.3GHx G5) would recognize that the converter was connected. I tried different firewire cables and no dice.

Anyone know of an issue around the Sony DVMC-DA1 and OS 10.4.x?

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Reader report: "I also have the Sony DVMC-DA1 analog/digital converter. It still works just fine in OS X 10.4 with Final Cut Express 2, Sorenson Squeeze, iChat 3.0, iMovie 4 (but not 5), QuickTime 7.0 (Pro), QuickTime Broadcaster 1.5, and is recognized by System Profiler. It does not work in iMovie 5, which hopefully Apple will fix, but I think it's because of the new Magic Movie feature, which broke a lot of A/D boxes."

http://www.macintouch.com/tigerreview/incompatibility.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.