Sony EDGE GSM PC Card

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by abrooks, Dec 29, 2005.

1. abrooks macrumors 6502a

I desperately need to get my hands on one these but it only lists Windows as the supported OS, has anyone managed to get one working on a Mac or does anyone know of a similar product that'll do the same job.

Thanky :)

2. abrooks thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow what a response, best I better start looking elseware. :rolleyes:

3. abrooks thread starter macrumors 6502a

See wasn't hard people, looks like it'll do the job :D

4. Linam macrumors regular

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I have an elementary question. If you buy the card from other vendor (such as this one posted on this thread), how would you active the card with the telecom service providers such as T-Mobile, Cingular, and etc? I thought there is some type of activation process. The cards those telecom companies offer as their OEM are tuned toward Windows OS. I am interested in getting one of those cards for my Mac. I have Sprint card for my work PC so that I can get connected while on the road at all times.

6. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

Well on any GSM PC Card, all people will need to do is add the data service to their plan and plug their SIM card into the card and they are up and running. On Sprint or Version, you will need to buy the card from them and have them set it up. That is one nice part of GSM which allows you to change your phone and or PC Card at any time.