Sony Ericsson K750i - good for me macs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brians.account, Jan 4, 2006.

1. brians.account macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2005
    hey everyone
    i was just wondering if anyone's had any experience with the Sony Ericsson K750i phone, and how compatible it is with macs.
    pictures? calendars? contacts?
    thanks in advance,
  2. Miner Willy macrumors regular

Apr 30, 2004
    Bradford, UK

My k700i works fine with pretty much everything you have asked for, so I don't see why a k750i should be any different, it's just got a better camera AFAIK.
  3. brians.account thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2005
  4. Gordy macrumors 6502a

May 22, 2005
    Bristol, UK
  5. Kernow macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2005
    There was a problem a while back where connecting the k750i to the Mac via the USB lead provided caused a full scale kernel panic when you disconnected.

I haven't tried the cable since (it's fine with Bluetooth anyway) but it would be worthwile making sure that all the relevant software is completely up to date.
  6. oblomow macrumors 68000

Apr 14, 2005
    No problems here. I sync my addressbook and ical events between powerbook and k750 regularly. Haven't managed ( or really bothered) to sync
    addressbook pictures though.
  7. yoak macrumors 65816

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    I agree, it works well with my ibook.
    I use the USB to offload photos, works just like any other camera.
    I use it as a remote for itunes with a program from, amazing, even get the album art up on the screen of the K750i :cool:

I have had a few problems, but solved them easily with help from people on MR.

Go get it
  8. brians.account thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2005
    what about music, can you put songs on through itunes?
  9. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Not through iTunes, the only phone that officially syncs is the Motorola ROKR

But you can transfer songs over from your iTunes library to your phone (you just have to manually put them from the Finder to the phone's memory stick). It won't play stuff you've bought from the iTMS but it will play normal ACC files and MP3s.
  10. brians.account thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2005
  11. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

Sep 18, 2003
    London, UK
    I have a question regarding the K750i. I got it recently and have had no problems whatsoever in terms of syncing with my Mac, etc. I've also bought Salling Clicker and it works as a great BT remote for iTunes, etc.

The USB2 cable is a nice feature too as I can drag and drop music files onto it (including non-protected AAC files) and the camera is recognised by iPhoto.

BUT! Ever since I've hooked up using the USB cable my Mac has stuck a load of those blasted .DS_store files on it. These files simply tell the Finder how to format the folder when it is shown on the Mac (they're invisible to the Finder) BUT they appear as annoying files that I cannot delete on the phone. I've tried using TinkerTool on the Mac to get the Finder to show hidden files but the moment I delete them, a new one is created! Deleting these files using the phone has no effect. What can I do to get rid of these annoying files??