Sony ericsson p900

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by glosterseagul, Mar 25, 2004.

1. glosterseagul macrumors regular

I just got it today...any tips?

:mad: only thing is...if I had a pc i could have loaded the cd I got with it!

2. Ajmbc macrumors regular

Can you give us any pics? That thing looks pretty darn cool

how complicated is it to use?

-ajmbc

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

I doubt whether anything on there is useful anyway.

4. pepeleuepe macrumors 6502

You should be able to do everything on your mac without extra software. I have a T616, so it might be a different story, but I can use bluetooth to easily transfer different files and sync with iCal without any problems. I assume thats all the PC software would do anyway. Use Bluetooth File Exchange to send and receive files, and iSync to sync calendars and Address Book entries. Let us know how it works for you. It looks like a pretty amazing little gadget.

5. glosterseagul thread starter macrumors regular

Very neat. isync had a problem at first...but then is fine. I am very impressed so far. I will come back with more info. Just off to Seffield to see Brighton play!(football-errr soccer!)

6. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

this app doesnt list that my t610 is supported but it works great...with infrared too. i didnt even have to configure my system...i just turned on my phones ir connectivity option and away it went.

heres the name of the app.

"Ericsson Client" check it out, its great.

7. powerbookje macrumors member

powerbookje

I have a P900, I highly recommend salling clicker for the P900, it's sooo cool with the touch screen, album art on the screen. check out some good software site handango.com, my-symbian.com, allaboutsymbian.com

and don't forget to install V-rally, I bought this game after 10 minutes. you can you use the cd on you mac that came with your P900, just search on the disc for .sis

8. glosterseagul thread starter macrumors regular

no .sis on the disc..... :(

9. powerbookje macrumors member

powerbookje

you inserted the wrong disc , there are 2 discs, one with modem drivers for the peecee and one with programs, you need the one with programs. hope this helps. But hey, the programs are outdated on the disc, so just go online and search the newer version online. like opera for P900 > opera.com

10. boskie macrumors regular

Great Phone!

I bought one this week aswell.

Another good place for software - or one software in particular called sMan, is http://renegade.w3xs.com/.

You can do alot with this bit of software thats not possible with the suppiled software.

Hope you find it useful!

11. powerbookje macrumors member

powerbookje

exactly, must have app for every P900. You can't close default applications like camera an dcalendar , taking up to 450kb RAm, with Sman you can close those apps and free up ram memory

12. glosterseagul thread starter macrumors regular

found the disc; but no v thingy.

I cant seem to connect through Blue tooth file exchange it says browsing complete but there are no folders in the window and 'get' is greyed out?

13. powerbookje macrumors member

powerbookje

don't browse, it doesn't work yet, use send file instead under the Bluetoot menu.

14. glosterseagul thread starter macrumors regular

but I want to get a picture...from the p900 :confused:

15. powerbookje macrumors member

powerbookje

then send it from the P900 to the mac using bluetooth. just go to pictures, click on a picture then tick on the menu and select send via (I tried to translate the menu's to english). the browse option relies on the FTP bluetooth protocol, wich apple doesn't support yet (to bad).