Sony Ericsson w810i

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by celaurie, Apr 20, 2006.

1. celaurie macrumors 6502a

celaurie

I got a brand new Sony Ericsson w810i from O2 UK a couple of weeks ago.

I've been using Ericsson and SE phones for almost 10 years and as usual am mighty impressed with the upgrade. The speed of the menus and overall features of the phone make it a great upgrade from my old s700i.

Last night after having tried to use the camera I found the flash to be, well flashing. The light would remain on for about 10 seconds and then start to pulse on and off. I could find nothing in the settings to prevent this from happening nor any documents online to diagnose the problem.

I decided to call O2 this morning to seek a replacement. However, when I got up to my phones alarm, I found my phone had crashed and was in an endless cycle of flashing a white screen.

Having called O2 to get a replacement I was told SE have slowed the release of the phones. According to the person I spoke to ?possibly indicating issues with the new model. The bummer is that I may have to wait anything up to eight weeks for a new one. The best O2 can offer me is a k750i.

Has anyone had similar problems or heard anything about known issues or supply problems?

~cel

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

No I haven't, but if that s700i of yours is considered "old"......can I have it? :D

3. celaurie thread starter macrumors 6502a

celaurie

Heh, right now it's all I've got. The poor bugger has been in use for 14 months and alas, has borne a few bumps and scrapes along the way!