Sony Gamers Day

Discussion in 'Games' started by sikkinixx, Oct 19, 2006.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

http://www.gamespot.com/events/ps3l...topslot;action;1&om_act=convert&click=topslot

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/740/740455p1.html

that is the lamest name for an event but anyway....

22 launch titles (unless they pull a 360 and cut a few of the best ones

Composite cables included :p , because ya know, $600 for a true HD system...that isnt HD out of the box

Talledaga Nights BD included with the first 500k units (swwwwwweeeeet),

30 hours per charge with the sixaxis controller and they are even going to be good enough to throw in a USB mini cable to charge it with their $600 system.

No pictures allowed to be taken so we can't see the retail box and such yet, although on some of the TGS videos you could see the box so its not a huge surprise or nothin...

I am happy about the Bluray movie. I thought they were going to include Spiderman 2 (which would have pissed me off) :p

2. mdntcallr macrumors 65816

mdntcallr

IM happy, like taledega, also more recent than spiderman 2.

i have mine on order. it will be in my living room attached to my soon to be new sony 60" projection tv.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

That's just bizzare. We give you a blu-ray HD movie, but only the means to play it in 480i SD so it'll look just like a dvd... Totally utterly Bizzare...

4. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Sony is like from time to time, well....a lot of the time..

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Sounds alright...I guess:confused:

Happy about not including the spiderman 2 as well...I have it for the PSP and DVD:)

Bless

6. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Bizzare, yes... unfortunately this is what happens when you have decentralized leadership on a product. The part of the team in charge of packaging had data saying that 80% of households still have SDTVs, so they included the most likely cable to work for 80% of households. The part of the team in charge of brand saw the need to push BluRay and get people watching the movies too. Combine these two, reasonable decisions when looked at on their own... and you are left with a 'WTF?' moment.

I see it where I work as well.