Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andr3w_g4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Hi there everyone,

I'm new to the ''switch'', in fact, i received my g4 yesterday and I was trying to hook up my sony handycam dcr-trv33 to my g4 but nothing is working. Ive made sure on the menu on my handcam that everything is set, so why doesn't it show up on my desktop on my g4?? please help...anybody. i'm new here, so i hope i posted in the right place

cheers

andrew

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
The Firewire camera will not show up on your desktop in the same fashion as, say, a firewire hard drive would. You can olny access it through a video editor. Your G4 comes with the basic, but excellent, iMovie program. You can get all your needed camera access and editing to work here.

Macpoops

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2002
PA
Do us all a favor and only post a question once though. I know your new but there is no need to post the same question in 2 different forums

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Incidentally, most camcorders, including the TRV33, also have a built in digital still camera that saves pictures to a memory card. To get those off the camera (at least in the case of Sony cameras), you need to connect the camera to the computer via the USB cable it comes with.

This will, in fact, mount the camera on the desktop, at which point you can transfer photos (iPhoto will probably work, too).

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Originally posted by Makosuke
Incidentally, most camcorders, including the TRV33, also have a built in digital still camera that saves pictures to a memory card. To get those off the camera (at least in the case of Sony cameras), you need to connect the camera to the computer via the USB cable it comes with.

This will, in fact, mount the camera on the desktop, at which point you can transfer photos (iPhoto will probably work, too).

Ehhh, dont confuse the guy!

Once again:

The DV portion of the camcorder CANNOT be accessed or mounted on the desktop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.