Sony MP3 Player on Mac???

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by silbeej, Feb 13, 2007.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

I have a Sony NW-HD5 MP3 player, and the software (sonicstage) keeps crashing on my pc, so i was wondering if there was software to use it on a mac.

Thanks

2. eji macrumors 6502

eji

There is no SonicStage software for Mac. Will there ever be? Maybe, if Sony sees some money in it. There were rumors about SonicStage 4 BETA having been cross-platform at one point in its development. But they don't give a rat's tail about Mac users otherwise.

I could think of a lot of things to say about them, but here's putting it mildly: Sony is not a nice company. They are more lock-in proprietary than Apple, avoiding all but the bare minimum of third-party compatibility.

A quick search of MacUpdate using the keyword "Sony" doesn't look too promising, either. Doesn't look like anyone's come up with a hack.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

You can use Parallels or Boot Camp. But it will crash just as much. I've found Sony MP3 players, nice as they might be by themselves, always a waste of time due to Sonicstage. There is no Mac client.

4. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys,
    I love my Sony MP3 player, but only the player, not sonicstage. I want to smash my computer just cuz of sonicstage and get a new mp3 player, but what other player will give my 40 hours of battery life on a hdd player. I go 2-3 months while using it every day walking to class before i charge it.

But i want to smash sonicstage. lol