Sony PSP and mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by Switzermac, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Switzermac macrumors regular

I am considering buying a psp.
    1. Is it compatible with a mac and if so how well.
    2. Is it region dependant, if i buy a game in the uk will it play on a US psp.
    3. If you own one would you recommend it.

Thank you

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

1. I use PSPWare to sync with my Mac. It does a good job of managing music, photos and video. I'm sure there are other solutions. I think there is a demo, but the real deal cost me $15 or thereabouts. Try Versiontracker.

2. I have no idea.

3. Yes, primarily for Wipeout Pure on that beautiful screen. There are tons of other threads discussing the merits of DS .v. PSP. Might be worth your time to look for them.

3. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

2) For games its region independant (I play US games on my JAP PSP). For movies its region dependant. The regions are the same as the DVD ones, so if you are going to buy an import PSP, get one from Japan and it'll play UK Pal discs. Or, just dont buy any UMD movies. They are a waste of money - get the dvd and a large memory card, and rip it yourself!

I really like my PSP, its gonna get even better once they release GTA and Burnout :D

Had my first Wireless battle the other day with Ridge Racer and that was so much fun!

4. Switzermac thread starter macrumors regular