Sony PSP and Video Conversion

Discussion in 'Games' started by pulsewidth947, May 8, 2005.

1. pulsewidth947 macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

I've just ordered me a PSP from Hong Kong and while I eagerly await it, i wondered if anyone could give me advice on video conversion software.

I've googled and found the 2 main ones for Mac are iPSP and PSPWare. Both look good, but I'm still unsure which is the best.

I want to convert Divx videos and DVDs to mp4, but I'm still unclear weather you can actually get widescreen movies to play on the PSP. What do you guys reckon?

Best order me a 1GB mem stick now :D

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I like to use Handbrake to rip the stuff from DVD's to my computer. Then you can either use PSPware or ffmpegX to convert it to a format the PSP can understand. I haven't found a program that can convert it in one step from the DVD to the PSP format. Try going to www.psp411.com for more help. It is all about PSP stuff and there are a ton of threads on how to do this.

3. pulsewidth947 thread starter macrumors 65816

pulsewidth947

Thanks for the reply. I was begining to think no-one would reply! That link you provded is awesome.

4. Echinda macrumors regular

order your 1GB memory stick duo asap. I can't find them for a reasonable price anywhere on this side of the atlantic, so i have to wait till Sony sends out its next batch to distributors in early June.