Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
I am looking to buy a boombox that has an auxilary-in so that I can play either my iPod mini or my Shuffle through it while I'm outside playing basketball. Does anyone have any experience with any boomboxes with this feature. So far, the only one that I have found is the Sony Psyc, which I could get for $80. Are there any competitors out there? Does anyone have any experience with this model?

The specs can be foundhere

Attachments

• ZSSN10PSWHI.jpg
    ZSSN10PSWHI.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 962

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
jared_kipe said:
Lots of boomboxes have aux in, hell a clock radio I saw yesterday at target had an aux in.

Really? Are you sure about that? I've looked around a decent amount and haven't found much. Even most modern bookshelf systems don't have a RCA in. Do you know of any other boomboxes that have either a 1/8" or RCA in?

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
debroglie said:
Really? Are you sure about that? I've looked around a decent amount and haven't found much. Even most modern bookshelf systems don't have a RCA in. Do you know of any other boomboxes that have either a 1/8" or RCA in?
For you, I will if you know enough about your namesake to show the world why Hilbert space is necessary.

jared_kipe

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2003
Seattle
This is designed specifically for the mini http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...U8Ng3/2.0.0.11.1.0.6.9.3.19.0.1.1.1.1.1.1.0.1

And incase this link doesn't work, they are Altec Lansing inMotion Portable.

Apple has a few more on their website, but this looks to be the best, I saw something like this at Target last night, but I'm not sure if this was it. Like I said, lots of them will have it even if they don't advertise them. 5 years ago when my mom had a dance studio she had a reasonably big boombox with an aux input.

debroglie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Philadelphia, PA
jared_kipe said:
For you, I will if you know enough about your namesake to show the world why Hilbert space is necessary.

First of all, I am glad to see that you are knowledgeable about quantum mechanics and mathematics. You may just be the first person to recognize where I got my moniker from. :D

As far as the boomboxes, thank you very much for your help!! I am finding out that there are many boomboxes with this feature, but for some reason that I can't figure out for the life of me, no one advertises it. However, I would like a portable all-in-one system with the speakers attached to the player.... still on the search for the perfect one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.